“Excellent Restaurant SYDNEY N.S.”
Review of Allegro Grill and Deli - CLOSED

Allegro Grill and Deli
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Fantastic Food and I love to eat. This is a restaurant to celebrate an event with a glass of wine and a relaxed open concept Prices are reasonable and great value. The Chef is a true Chef and the staff are very friendly One of the best on the Island of Cape Breton in downtown sydney.

3  Thank KellyLorri
There are newer reviews for Allegro Grill and Deli

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I placed an order for lunch during my break from work. I walked to the restaurant in the rain to pick it up, only to be told that they had run out of my order. They should take more care to ensure that they have enough food to fill the orders that have been placed, or else warn potential customers that they can't guarantee that they will have any food for them when they show up.

1  Thank CapeBreton13
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The food is excellent, and the daily specials are absolutely divine! Not bad prices, too. Friendly staff! If you're on a cruise ship and in downtown, grab a bite to eat - it's quite good!

2  Thank Nwakris
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I ate once again at Allegro last month on a trip to Sydney and in my estimation the food and the service are not what they once were. In my opinion, this restaurant suffers from a menu and a decor that are both trying to be two things at once. I think they are trying to be both a upscale dining establishment and a casual diner. It is difficult to be both and unfortunately when this dichotomy becomes embedded you just become ok. I have found this to be a consistent challenge with a lot of eateries over the years in Sydney.
I used to like the menu at Allegro and had not been there for a couple of years. I had the salmon and was disappointed. It was good - not great and arrived cold. Others in our party had the lamb burger, chicken, and smoked meat sandwich. All three commented negatively about something. It is too bad the presentation was good but it was inconsistent. We also had to ask for both refills on our water and our coffee and this is not acceptable be it a grill a diner and especially an upscale restaurant. To top it off the place was not busy - there was no excuse
It is too bad because Sydney has had a dearth of upscale restaurants over the last 25 years. The grill at the Cambridge Suites has always struggled with menu and food quality trying to be a grill/fine dining emporium over the years. Joe's Warehouse (since closed) was the same in the last few years of its existence. Joe's in the late 80's and 90's, was a great upscale dining establishment - the last of its kind in Sydney.
I am not sure if it is the economics of Sydney that cause this over capacity of grill/diners but Allegro would do themselves well (and likely be excellent if specialized) if they were one or the other. It is advertised as a grill and deli but that is misleading.

2  Thank NSTraveller493
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My boyfriend took me here last spring for a dinner & a movie date. He picked this particular restaurant because he prefers more laid back style dining whereas I prefer a more upscale type dining experience, this felt like both! He felt comfortable within the space & the food was the upscale style that I prefer.

The food was excellent, my boyfriend loves seafood & his fish was cooked perfectly! He said it was the best fish he had ever ordered in a restaurant. The service was superb & the atmosphere is fantastic!

Cannot wait to go back again & again!

1  Thank Chanel1102