“Average but not spectacular”

Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Sydney
Halifax, Canada
“Average but not spectacular”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

This is the old Delta Hotel, renovated and rebranded. It's an OK hotel, nothing special. With the a Holiday Inn brand you know everything will be clean and functional, and this is exactly what this place is. There is a restaurant, but I can't comment on it as I didn't use it. The pub is pretty good, friendly staff and decent 'pub grub' food. The hotel is on the waterfront, so if you get a water facing room you do get a good view.

A 'solid' hotel that does nothing badly but is not exceptional

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark H
LJHOLIDAYINNSYD, Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Mark H,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and the beautiful water view from your room. The pub staff is great and always welcoming and I will certainly pass on your review with all the staff. We hope you come back and stay with us again soon.

Manager, social media

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The staff were great. They took great careof us and helped out with our needs. I was traveling with a 92 and 73 year old ladies. The building was clean and bright when we arrived. Rooms were amazing clean and lots of room to move around.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank KASS58
LJHOLIDAYINNSYD, Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear KASS58,

Thank you for your review! Fantastic news that you had a great stay with us and could accommodate the needs of you and your company. I'll be sure to let the staff know that you enjoyed your stay and pass on your wonderful comments to everyone.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I travel to Sydney often on business, and this is my favorite place to stay because of the staff. Last winter I decided to mix it up a bit and I tried the hotel just down the road. It didn't take many experiences with their surly, snooty and lethargic staff before I realized how important the great people at the Holiday Inn were in making my trips a success. I won't make that mistake again.

From the hard workers at the front desk to house keeping to building maintenance, they are friendly, helpful and accommodating. They've always gone out of their way to take care of any special requests I have. I've organized two meetings over the years as well, and they went smoothly. (Can't say the same for the hotel down the street!)

The guest rooms are comfortable and clean. An evening meal in either of the two restaurants is always fantastic.

2 Thank RailGrl
Dear RailGrl,

Thank you for your review. I am so pleased to hear from a loyal guest and to know that you receive warm and hospitable service each time you visit with us. We recently renovated our banquet and meeting rooms and they turned out absolutely stunning! The front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, banquets, restaurant, kitchen and all the staff here at the Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront make it our main goal to ensure our guest have an outstanding stay each time, I'm sure all of the staff will love to hear your beautiful comments and I am excited to share. We will be sure to see you the next time you travel to Sydney!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was here for two nights in April. We checked in quite late and the staff were remarkably pleasant and helpful. The rooms were great value and the lobby was bright, refreshing and modern. The gentleman who worked the bar was a superb bartender; both nice and funny. I believe his name was Michael. Wake up calls were on time both mornings.

The restaurant overlooks the water, what a great way to start the morning. The waitress was really helpful and friendly, making sure we had coffees to go as we let our meal to take on the day.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Cosmo_Traveler_CDN
Dear Cosmo_Traveler_CDN,

Thank you for reviewing us! I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your comments about our comfortable guest rooms and I'm glad you liked our newly renovated lobby area, we are very proud of the updates as well. It's also nice to hear you got to enjoy breakfast and our beautiful view in the Saltspray Restaurant, we have to admit, it's spectacular. I'll be sure to pass on your lovely comments to Michael in the Crown & Moose, Front desk agents, and staff of the Saltspray along with everyone else here at the Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront! We will be happy to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I found the front desk met all my needs and we're very friendly and informative. The rooms were comfortable and spacious. Room service was prompt and tasty. Close to lots of things to do like a walk on the waterfront or shopping. If your in Sydney, make your stay at the Holiday Inn Waterfront.

Room Tip: Stay high and enjoy the view.
1 Thank Nick P
Dear Nick P,

Thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear you had an all around great stay and you found our guest rooms comfortable. I will certainly pass on your kind words to our front desk agents, rooms service, kitchen and all of the team here at Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

I booked for three nights but had to cancel out the first night as I didn't get as far as Sydney the first night. I called late to cancel and the clerk was very understanding and gave me no hassle. As always when I arrived, everybody was happy and made me feel welcome. As I walked through the lobby to the elevator, every staff member I met smiled and said hello. What else could you ask for?

Room Tip: Any room is a good room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Tom R
Dear Tom R,

Thank you for reviewing us! I'm glad to hear we could accommodate your travels. Thank you for your wonderful comments and we hope to see you back again soon.

Winchester, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed May 20, 2014

This hotel is right on the waterfront, as per its name. Great location, pretty views of the water of course.

Really warm, friendly greeting at check-in. Lovely gal checked us in. There was a big concert in town that night and staff were concerned the whole town might be a bit rowdy, so we were put in biz rooms on the top floor, really like small suites with separate sitting areas with their own large-screen TVs and so on. Really nice, with super comfortable King bed, great pillows, all very clean. If there was any partying going on I sure didn't hear any of it.

Dinner in the dinging room was very good. Service seemed a bit off, but it looked like they had been deluged with people eating before the concert and hadn't caught up. But our food was very good, and there was a decent choice of wines.

All in all I really liked this Holiday Inn and would go back for sure if I was looking for a high-rise type place like that with the full range of services.

2 Thank Mike V
LJHOLIDAYINNSYD, Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear Mike V,

Thank you for reviewing us! I'm very happy to hear that you had a great experience with us at the Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront during your visit to Sydney. It was a very busy weekend in Sydney during the concert , we were completely sold out and did our very best to accommodate all of the guests in the hotel from the concert goers to our guests travelling for business. Its very reassuring to hear that you had an overall pleasant stay. Thank you for all of your lovely comments and I will certainly be sharing all of your feedback to our team. We hope to see you again soon!

Manager, social media
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sydney
Hampton Inn by Hilton Sydney
Spanish Bay Inn and  Suites
Silver Dart Lodge
Silver Dart Lodge
#1 of 7 in Baddeck

Been to Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront? Share your experiences!