Hearthstone Inn Sydney
$120
Hampton.com
$108
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleancape bretonfree hot breakfastkings roadcabot trailspecial thanksdesk staffconvenient locationclose to downtownteresaalicialloydlouisburgcanadafortressns
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Older Staff are lazy looking and no nothing of the business . There were lower standards 30 years ago unlike today. Retrain these staff or out with the old and in with the new. Staff hanging around front entrance smoking and swearing remind me of a shopping mall , not a hotel . Uniforms?

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed October 26, 2011

i was expecting better for a 3 star hotel. it was ok. kinda far out of town too. it had a cute little pub though with some good ole cape breton music.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank DGA69
Reviewed October 16, 2011

When I arrived in my room everything looked fine. The next morning the "breakfast" was non-existant so I ate in the dining room which was great but which I later found out was indeed leased to an outside company, as was the bar.

Came back the next evening to find the bed not properly made, just the bed spread pulled over the bed as I left it. Bathroom floor was not cleaned and towels were al over the place.
Also some of the amenities wsere missing.

The third evening the bed was somewhat better but no tea, coffee or anything in the basket. Had to get front desk to bring some to me.

My last evening I went to eat in the estaurant to be told that it closed at 7.00 p.m. on Sundays. Front desk suggested that I phone Gecos for take out. For some reason the phone was not working properly so I went out to my car.to get some snacks. When I came back in I noticed that the bar was open and asked if they served food. Front desk did not know. Seems bar is also rented to an outsider. Did get some food at the bar which was quite nice.

My overall impression of the hotel is that the staff need training and supervision as they are all very sloppy. Perhaps this is just the Cape Breton way. All in all my stay was ok, although Saturday night was very noisy due to the fact that a young sports team were staying there and they ran around the halls until after 2.00 in the morning.

Considr my stay just ok and as I was in Sydney on business I just needed a place to rest my head but I doubt if I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank meanbean11
Reviewed September 20, 2011

When I arrived at this hotel I excepted to find a well dressed front desk agent who was friendly and hospitiable, instead we walk in and shes there in a frumpy sweater and didn't even greet us. we get up to the desk and still nothing just a blank stare, I say were here to check, and blankly she says "check ins at three." so 1) i work in this industry I know how i should be greated and what proper guest service is, its a wonder they eevr get guests anddd that check in was 2, and when we arrived it was 1:50, and 2) I had put in for early check in.
Also there idea of a continteianl brekfest is a complete joke! Cereal bars, ive been to other choice hotels and they have hot buffets for there contientials, Sydney needs to step up there game!
And my boyfriend was using the gym equipment wich was mostly broken, come 9:15 he was rudely kicked out by a manager and when he mentioned the equipment was broken he says, probably, and this man was also a manager. They need to retrain there staff! the only good thing about this place was that the bed was comfertabl, but not enough to make up for the rotten service recived.

Room Tip: try somewhere else!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank NyssaLynne23
Reviewed September 16, 2011

On Aug 7, 2011 my daughter and I stayed 1 night at the Quality Inn in Sydney and were pleased with our accommodations. The beds were comfortable and the hotel was well situated in Sydney.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family