“Once again, happy”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: http://www.cambridgesuitessydney.com/contactus.asp
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I've been at this restaurant several times now, and once again I was really happy with my recent visit. Staff is warm, and unobtrusive. I like the atmosphere, sitting in a booth and being able to observe the chefs. The meal was excellent as always, and the price fair for what I got. I will return next time I'm in Sydney and am looking forward to it.

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Dined here for supper in early January. Our server was friendly and attentive. Easy going and relaxed and made it a nice experience. The food was delicious and so was the wine. The chefs were visible and seemed to really care about their food and the guests experience.

Now the downside. It's located in the Cambridge suites (that's not a bad thing) and unfortunately has some really old, ugly radiators along the walls. I understand heat is needed and its difficult to do an expensive upgrade but it does detract from the atmosphere. The second thing that ruins the atmosphere is seeing the morning breakfast buffet area (makes you feel like you're dining in a "hotel dining room") as this is not an average hotel dining room with respect to the food.

Up to this point it was still really good. But then the other server starts vacuuming the dining room. She noticed the look I gave her which then she took the time to explain to us about how she just needed to vacuum before she left as her supervisor said she could leave early. Despite the laugh that gave me that was too much info and put a negative spin on an otherwise good time there.

Overall a nice restaurant with friendly staff and good food. Pricing is perfectly in line for the quality you get. Just a few things to get worked out to take it from good to great.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We recently stayed in Sydney, Cape Breton to attend a few Celtic Colours concerts and stayed at the Cambridge Suites Hotel. Within the hotel is the restaurant called TRIO where we had a couple of meals. Breakfast was included in our hotel reservation and we also had two dinners there. The food was good and well presented. The staff were very pleasant and our waiter, Peter, gave us exceptional service and attention. We look forward to eating there the next time we stay at the Cambridge Suites.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

The Trio Restaurant is in the Intercontinental Hotel. It is very modern. We had the stuffed haddock, which was very good. We also had the maple creme brûlée, which we enjoyed. Service was prompt and efficient. Our server was very friendly.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I usually avoid hotel restaurants for dinner but we ate at Trio because we were staying three nights in Sydney and dining options are limited. But it was very good! My husband and I had steaks, my son had the stir fry and my daughter had pasta - and we all left very happy! It's a little pricey and there isn't much atmosphere, but the food is delicious.