“Best Place to Eat in Sydney”

Governors Pub & Eatery
Ranked #2 of 145 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, Pub, Canadian, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Best Place to Eat in Sydney”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Nice surroundings, friendly staff and a great menu. The location is very handy the cruise terminal and easy to find. We all enjoyed our meal. It is average prices and all freshly prepared. Meals arrived hot to the table.

Visited July 2013

• Korean first
“Great sales pitch terrible expereience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

The service is garbage, the place was quiet and we spent an hour and a half there not by choice. Our app mussels came to us caked in mud. It took 45 mins after we got our apps to get our main dish. They screwed up one of our main dishes as well. It took 5 times to get one drink order, thus for every drink past that. In my opinion I would not recomend this place to a cockroach!!!!!

South Royalton, Vermont, United States
“Just OK”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

If you're looking for a fun atmosphere right on the Sydney Waterfront, then this place is where you should go. If, however, you have a taste for good, creative food, this is not the place. I will say that the appetizers are good, but I have had 3 meals there, and all were very very underwhelming; a salmon wrap that was stuffed with salty capers, to a point where I could taste nothing other than salt, and warm spinach salad that I couldn't eat. I am no food snob, and it seemed like there was no heart or effort put into any dish. The service was incredibly slow (yet very very kind), and a lunch of 6 people took an hour from the time we ordered to the time we got our food. Great spot for a pint and some nachos tho! Just shy away from the entrees for the most part. Friendly staff, and great outdoor atmosphere. Will definitely be going back from some drinks and good times!

Halifax, Canada
“amazing food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

I had the coconut shrimp,the blackened salmon wrap and the score cheesecake (the special). It was all very delicious and the service was prompt and friendly. We sat outside.

Visited July 2013
Cape Breton
“Great afternoon to enjoy one of the two new patios!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

On a rainy morning, I reserved a table for two in the afternoon on the inside by a window facing the harbour.
When I arrived the sun was shining bright and I hoped we would sit outside. My lunch partner was satisfied to sit inside for lunch so we did.
We were seated promptly and our waitress told us she would be with us soon. Beverages followed along with dinner specials.
The grilled cranberry chicken wrap with soup or salad were our choices.
My cream of mushroom soup was very dark in color but tasty. The chicken wrap was hot and well wrapped. The cranberry taste was not very evident; the bread dressing in the wrap seemed to disintegrate as you tried to eat it.
My friend's salad looked very crisp and fresh but she could not get a low calorie dressing she wanted.
Bonnie, our pleasant waitress came to check on us and see if everything was satisfactory.
However, we had to ask her for water.
The restaurant was very busy especially on the patios and the staff seemed to serve guests quickly both inside and outside. Everyone - staff and guests - appeared to enjoy the experience.
Maybe next time, I'll get to enjoy sitting on one of their two new attractive patios on a sunny day!