“"Make this your first stop in Sydney"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sydney
Colby House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 13 Sydney B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I would like to commend Bev & Gordon for putting their heart and soul into making this bed and breakfast experience fantastic. The comfort, gourmet food (a yummy surprise each morning) , ambiance and above friendly service made me feel like I was welcome and at home. Every detail is thought out and your needs are met before you can think to ask. An extremely clean home and warm welcoming conversation on the front porch will not be forgotten. Sometimes travelling alone can be just that- lonely ,however with Bev & Gordon you were always greeted as if you were already part of their extended family.
I will definitely be bringing my family back to enjoy Sydney and the Colby House.
Thank you so much for a wonderful few days. Linda Hanson -- Langley, B.C.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful , if you have a choice to have an in room bathroom that is more comforta...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Our stay at the Colby House was our first B&B and experience - I think it spoiled us!! We arrived a little early and Bev let us drop off our bags and borrow umbrellas while we explored downtown Sydney. When we arrived later that afternoon, Bev greeted us with a warm welcome that made us feel like we were home. After a quick tour we headed up to the Gabriel room. This room was lovely and had a TV, ensuite bathroom as well as wine glasses and a corkscrew. We spent time relaxing with a glass of wine in the living room on the main level as well. While here Bev helped us make a dinner reservation (Flavor is a must!) and Gordon gave us suggestions for the rest of our trip. Breakfast was just delicious and kept us full for most of the day. Our stay was a short one, but very memorable. I'd recommend the Colby House to everyone travelling in the Sydney area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Ohmigosh! This is one of the absolute best B&Bs my husband and I ever stayed. Bev and Gordon see to every detail and have created a wonderful utopia in the middle of the city. The house is beautiful and the grounds are gorgeous, but those pale in comparison to the layout of the breakfast table and the deliciousness of the food. Such mouth-watering food every morning! Bev and Gordon are the loveliest people you will ever meet, and they really work hard at making your stay enjoyable.

Everyone should try and visit them at least once. I'd hate for you to miss out on meeting such wonderful people!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is truly an exceptional bead and breakfast.
Not only are the room very beautiful and comfortable, but the owners love what they are doing and it makes a huge difference. They take the time to chat or give advice, not out of duty but because they enjoy it. (They even drove me to the car rental place when I told them I was planning to walk there). Gordon and Bev are so welcoming I felt I was more like a very distant cousin than a client...
Colby house is well-located on a tree-lined street and one can walk to restaurants - which to me is important (I especially enjoyed a restaurant called Flavor - best lobster bun I ever had!).

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2013

After much traveling around Canada and Europe, we would like to thank Bev and Gordon for the great hospitality shown to us during our four day stay at Colby House.
We were made to feel very welcome and both hosts went well beyond the call of duty, in providing us with an insight into the Sydney area.
Whilst we are very regular travelers, we do not write many reviews, however in this instance we wanted to commend Bev and Gordon for running an exceptional B&B operation. Their commitment and enthusiasm to delivering a great experience shows and exceeded our expectations. Many thanks and our best wishes.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jezzer44
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The Colby house is not right in downtown Sydney, but it is in a lovely suburb not far from the downtown area. A nice, beautifully maintained home on a beautifully landscaped yard. Bev and Gordon were very helpful and friendly, and they cooked an excellent breakfast. We stayed in the Gabriel room which was spotless but was not large and had only a few hooks for hanging one's clothes. The bathroom was also of very modest size (although not tiny), with limited places to set things and without good light over the sink. Nevertheless, we enjoyed our stay at this B&B and would recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Thanks so much to Bev and Gordon, our hosts, for a wonderful 4-night stay. We arrived the first night late and tired. We were warmly greeted as soon as we walked through the door. We were then escorted to our room, the MacLellan, which was as beautiful decorated as it appeared in the website photo. Our room was clean with all the amenities you could ask for. Bev was very helpful in recommending several good restaurants. Each morning we would gather at the dining table to await a wonderful breakfast creation from Bev's kitchen. We took a number of excursions while staying at Colby including Fortress Louisbourg, Cabot Trail and Sydney Mines Museum. We highly recommend this B&B and would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sydney
Cambridge Suites - Sydney
#4 of 7 in Sydney
The Yellow Sidecar B & B
The Yellow Sidecar B & B
#1 of 1 in Cap Le Moine

Been to Colby House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!