“An Oasis in Cape Breton”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sydney
Colby House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 13 Sydney B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Enjoying a one night stay in the lovely Colby House on Park was the highlight of our accommodations on the island. The Inn's host and hostess were so welcoming and helpful, the rooms so well appointed and clean. The food was superb , served on a beautifully prepared dinning room table. It was indeed a marvellous experience. I highly recommend the Colby House on Park. Relaxing, easy and so enjoyable.....

Room Tip: The rooms were so well decorated and comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 13, 2013

lovely place and friendly hosts in Bev and Gordon. Enjoyed our two days with you and also thoroughly enjoyed the breakfasts which were gourmet! Thank you for your hospitality and making our visit so enjoyable. Highly recommend!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Maybe I'm grumpy, but I would rather have a spot to put my laptop than a pile of excess pillows on the bed. I'm not sure what the target market is: not the business traveller, not families with children. However, the welcome was warm and the room and bathroom were clean. Good choices for breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Colby House is a beautiful old home close to downtown Sydney. Bev and Gordon made us feel very welcome and had many suggestions for dining close to their B&B. Our room was clean, spacious and very comfortable. Our private bathroom was just steps from our bedroom's door. The breakfast was healthy and huge. Great way to start the next day of sightseeing in the area. We would definitely come back to this comfortable home.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were large, clean and well decorated. Our private bathroom was just steps from our...
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed 4 nights at this beautiful bed and breakfast. The room was fantastic and the breakfast was heavenly. Bev helped me to arrange a day tour to see the Cabot Trail which I greatly enjoyed.Nothing was too much. I received suggestions where to eat which were all excellent and Bev and Gordon were so helpful and friendly. I have no hesitation in recommending this bed and breakfast as the experience was exceptional and I loved being there. I met some lovely people there too and the atmosphere was lovely. It is certainly a 5 star experience.

Room Tip: I would say all the rooms would be as beautiful as the one I stayed in.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Stephen P
Reviewed May 25, 2013

My husband and I spent two nights at Colby House in the lovely Gabriel Room. We were on a three week trip through Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. We stayed in many nice Bed and Breakfasts and gave several 5 stars, but we both agree that Colby House was our favorite.

The home has been beautifully restored, our room was immaculate with lovely decor, the breakfasts were a gourmet treat. Our hosts, Bev and Gordon, were helpful and attentive, without being overbearing. Sometimes when you travel you are lucky enough to meet people you wish you could have a chance to get to know better, and this was the case.

Everything was first class and we recommend it highly.

1  Thank tbareSouthwest
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights. This lady is like Martha Stewart. The rooms are all OCD cleaned and very well decorated. Bed is really comfortable. Close to down town. Bev and Gordon were very enjoyable and helpful. She had tons of brochures and flyer about the local area attractions and Cabot trail. Breakfast was amazing and she made these little scones that were awesome. She gave us some to take on the trail for a picnic and let us borrow an umbrella for the day. Hosts went above and beyond to make sure we had a good trip.

Room Tip: We stayed in the blue room. I forget the name but it was nice and spacious.
1  Thank Lizzie0113