“Good Value”

Main Street Cafe & Lounge
Ranked #6 of 47 Restaurants in Antigonish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Enjoy one of the best dining experiences in Antigonish, offering fantastic Taste of Nova Scotia cuisine. Our menus feature unique seasonal recipes and flavours that make our restaurant the popular choice for locals and a highlight for many of our returning guests. Casual dining with a professional touch.
Reviewed May 30, 2014

The Mainstreet Cafe has an excellent lunch menu. It is reasonably priced and the food quality and quantity is great. A little pricy for dinner especially for families on a budget.

There are newer reviews for Main Street Cafe & Lounge

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Stopped for dinner recently on a Friday night. Restaurant was very busy but the service was good and we were seated right away. We ordered Chicken Parmigiana and Seafood Primavera and both were healthy portions, hot and tasty. Two happy hour glasses of red wine, 2 dinners, 2 coffees and a shared dessert came to $65.95 incl. tax. Have had breakfast here in the last year and it was good also. Would come back.

1  Thank GailG124
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

I stopped in for lunch with a friend and we each ordered the Mestique Burger, with fries. The burger bun had mold & there was a hair on the burger, so I brought the plate over to the waitress. Who then argued with me, about the bun & hair. Said that I was crazy & seeing things.

She took the plate away & asked if I wanted anything else, I said no. I saw her talking to the other waitress & her manager. Nobody came over to apologize. When my friend and I were leaving, they turned to my friend and thanked her for coming in and walked away.

1  Thank Joanne M
AntAdmin, General Manager at Main Street Cafe & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for your review, all reviews are welcome, and only help us to serve our customers better.

I am very sorry to hear of your disappointing experience during your visit to our establishment.
I assure you that this is not typical of our service, and or quality of food. We strive for a high level of customer service, and regrettably, we did not meet our high standards in both cases.

I hope you will reconsider, returning to our restaurant to give us the opportunity to provide the outstanding service that we are known for, and that you deserve.

Shawn Boudreau

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I have eaten at this restaurant a few times on my trips to Antigonish. It is always a reliable place. The food is always good and hot. The service is always adequate. I have no complaints.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Always love going to The Maritime Inn...the food is great and the service is always friendly and professional...it's in the heart of downtown Antigonish and has lots of off street parking...when they have live entertainment it's usually great as well!