“You get what you pay for!”

Main Street Cafe & Lounge
Ranked #7 of 44 Restaurants in Antigonish
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Enjoy one of the best dining experiences in Antigonish, offering fantastic Taste of Nova Scotia cuisine. Our menus feature unique seasonal recipes and flavours that make our restaurant the popular choice for locals and a highlight for many of our returning guests. Casual dining with a professional touch.
US citizen living in Canada
“You get what you pay for!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

You get what you pay for, I guess. They are far more expensive than Pipers Pub, but if you just want a pricy place to go, then go to this restaurant!

Visited October 2012
AntAdmin, General Manager at Main Street Cafe & Lounge, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your review, we appreciate all comments and reviews, as they only help to serve our customers better.

We strive for a high level of customer service, and to create an exceptional dining experience.
I believe that we have a unique dining atmosphere that appeals to everyone.

First class food quality, coupled with our top notch customer service, and our relaxing atmosphere, speaks for itself.

Again, I thank you for your review, it is greatly appreciated, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Oakville
“Delicious - have the lobster dip !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Authentic food - friendly service - an upscale dining room if you are looking to take someone for a special dinner

St. Stephen, Canada
“It's a truck stop.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

No, it's a restuarant thats not as good as a truck stop.
It's gross, and the menu is huge, and the service is haggard.

People are there in their pyjamas and the chicken parm is weird and wrong. The breakfast was likewise not good at all. It was creepy and a tragic family-run establishment.

Visited October 2012
AntAdmin, General Manager at Main Street Cafe & Lounge, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
I would like to sincerely apologize for your experience at our restaurant, and I would like to thank you for your candid comments.

This type of experience is not typical of our service, and or quality of food. I would also like to apologize for guests, not wearing proper attire while dining at our establishment.

We as a company strive for a high standard of Customer Service, and food quality, and I am disappointed to here that you did not experience our best in this instance.

We appreciate all comments and reviews, as they only help to serve our customers better.

Again, please accept my apologies.

Asheville, North Carolina
“Great place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Good food, good prices, great service. even on a very busy night, we were seated quickly, brought our beverages and menus. Very enjoyable

Visited September 2012
Antigonish, Canada
“YUMMY DESSERTS”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Went in today to have dessert (bread pudding) which was delicious.....
The long time staff here are always wonderful - the new ones should watch and learn
We sat for about 10 mins before our water glasses were filled or we were even acknowledged after being seated. Being there so often I knew the server was new. This I would not mind if it was busy but there were only 4 tables with 3 servers..... Our dessert & coffee was finished and bill delivered without being offered more coffee or to check how everything was....... GREAT FOOD but service could improve .. or we could always ask for a veteran server and would be guaranteed great service,......

• Visited September 2012
First I would like to thank you for your gracious review of our restaurant.
Our long time staff are really great at what they do, and we appreciate them for that.
I will be happy to pass along your comments to them.

I apologize that the service, given by some of our newer staff, was not satisfactory, this is not typical of our establishment, and is duly noted.
We aim for a high standard of service and constantly remind ourselves, why superb customer service is extremely important.

On another note, I am glad to here that, you enjoy our Bread Pudding, it is a favorite of mine as well. I would like to offer the invitation to return, and try our other delicious desserts we have to offer.

If you listen to the local radio station, you will be surprised to hear a new dessert promotion. But only for a limited time!

Again, I thank you for your comments, they are greatly appreciated.