“Was a little weary but they sold me on the food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of 709373 Indian Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Soups, Indian, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Halifax, Canada
“Was a little weary but they sold me on the food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

I had heard mixed reviews but I was very impressed with the Indian Food here - the bread was amazing - the curry was just perfectly seasoned, the soup was lovely - tangy and spicy, but not too spicy. Overall, a wonderful meal.

Cape Breton Island, Canada
“Over priced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

We had a lunch for four of us today. I wouldn't say the food was terrible, but it was just fair, and for the money they charged we certainly expected a lot more. The portions were very small, for instance a butter chicken order had about 5 small chunks of chicken. The service was not great. By the end the bill was $80 for a lunch with no drinks. We were quite unhappy with the value we received, I would definitely not go again. Overall we received very little half decent food for quite an expensive bill.

Antigonish, Canada
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

I absolutely love Indian cuisine , and i went many times and have been very pleased, To bad the locals are to stuck on meat and potatoes to give this a try!
I really hope this restaurant stays around, I was there several times over the last few months and have found the waitresses very friendly, and the food delicious, it may be a bit pricey but any new business is.

• Visited November 2011
Belfast
“Now an Indian restaurant!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

We went looking for this place having read about it - and found it was now an Indian restaurant. We decided to stay and have lunch of pakora and samosas which were fine. While waiting for our meal, another person came in asking where is 'Sunshine'. We were the only customers at the time.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank toberwino
atlantic canada
“Keep hoping it will improve....come on guys..get it together!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2011

Honestly, I keep hoping this restaurant will improve. I have gone a lot in the last month. The Indian food tastes great. No doubt about it. Authentic, spicy, hot. Good. However the service is so bad it almost ruins my experience. I've had oodles of experiences like the one I shall describe. The mother of the owner is sweet but completely useless as a server. My last experience; she brought out soup out and our huge platters of food all at once. She came back only ONE MORE TIME as our meal ended and offered more water. Didn't check on us at all...Then we waited thirty minutes and she didn't come back so we could order dessert and coffee. We eventually just left. It would have been another $30 on the bill if she had cared to ask us. There was only one more table filled at that time. She was just floating around ignoring us. AND I also found a long black hair in my soup. Gross!!!! They are ruining their business with the lousy service. I've heard many people in the community comment on it. In this town reputation is everything. They need energetic servers who are trained. Seriously - without putting some focus on the service the business will be closed in a year. Good luck. I really hope you can pull it off. I have overlooked this stuff in the past hoping that experience would rectify things...unfortunately it hasn't...so thumbs down.... :(

• Visited March 2011