“Terrible Food & Terrible Service”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Chinese, Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Halifax, Canada
“Terrible Food & Terrible Service”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I used to frequent the Moonlight during my days as a student at St.F.X. It served relatively good Chinese cuisine given the calibre of what is available in the region. I had not been there in years and thought to give it a try during my last visit to Antigonish. The food that came out was far worse than what we previously had and the service was bordering on terrible. The waiting staff is obviously stressed and, unfortunately, let their stress out on the customers. We witnessed a waitress refuse to wipe off the table of an African Canadian family because she said it was clean before they had sat down. The family, not having placed their order yet, left, as I would have done in that situation. The waitress then proceeded to vent her frustrations about the 'coloured' family with other customers.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank HungryHipster

“For people who have never had proper chinese food”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Food was slow , partially frozen , expensive for what we got and gross. I've never eaten Chinese food in town since my last experience here.

2 Thank Jssmith353
New York City, New York
“Almost a landmark”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

This restaurant has been around for years. There's something about it that draws us there during our visits every year. There is nothing fancy or particularly outstanding about it. It's there along the main street of town and it's fun to watch the people and cars go by. While the food is not outstanding, it has always been good. Over the years the staff has varied from average to great. We've never felt rushed or had a bad experience. One thing I do think is outstanding and above average is their Mongolian chili ginger beef. I wish I could get a Chinese restaurant in my home town to replicate the way the Moonlight Restaurant in Antigonish makes it!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Special_Deluxe
US citizen living in Canada
“Food ok but service needs improvement”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I ate there the other day, as Wongs is now under new management and from what I hear, it has gone the way of the dodo bird!

• Visited October 2012
Parksville, Canada
“Order the fish and chips in this Chinese Food Restaurant”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We like to have a good chinese food meal every once in a while and picked the Moonlight Cafe in downtown Antigonish. We were disappointed in the choice of chinese food combos and even more disappointed when the food arrived. Talking with local folk after eating there, we found out that most people order the fish and chips there, not the chinese food (which is 99% of the menu). The service is friendly, the venue is diner-style and dated. Had we ordered the Fish and Chips, this review may have been more positive.

Visited September 2012