“EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!”

Brownstone Cafe
Ranked #2 of 46 Restaurants in Antigonish
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Brownstone Cafe is a newly opened restaurant offering delicious and unique cuisine ranging from warm paninis and sandwiches to Mediterranean inspired dishes. Enjoy homemade desserts with fair trade coffee while taking in the beautiful ambiance of the extravagantly designed surroundings. The Brownstone Cafe is a licensed restaurant with an excellent selection of cocktails, spirits, beer and wine.
Reviewed August 6, 2013

When I was at the Brownstone Cafe it was awesome!!! The service was excellent and it was an excellent dining experience. My friend and I stopped in for supper. He had the irish natchos and I had the pull pork, and it was delicious. The waitress was prompt and friendly. I think this is a must go to restaurant. I will be definitely going again, and have recommended to my friends. Awesome night out, thank you!!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

recently tried the Brownstone for dinner, after trying ALL day to make reservations...they called back at 5:30pm???
sat on the crowded patio, the ceasar I ordered had very little liquor in it or none at all, my friends drink, long island ice tea, tasted & smelled like Mr.Clean might have.The cajun shrimp, small & nasty, lotsa lettuce though.(5 small tasteless shrimp)
Pizza, the toppings were good, the base, was as tuff as a piece of cardboard, Not homemade dough, which I would have expected. Couldn't wait for my bill, had to find my way to their cash & when I was asked if our dinner was ok?? well it was JUST OK, Gonna do dessert up the street at Gabrieau's.

3  Thank Melinda480
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I really enjoyed this little cafe in Antigonish. My family ate there twice in three days. My son loved his burger and I enjoyed my black bean and mushroom veggie burger. The sweet potato fries and the house salad were both very good. Service was a little slow but the place was very busy both days that we were there.

1  Thank DeirdreWade
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The Brownstone has excellent food, at reasonable prices, in a comfortable ambience, served by a very friendly staff.
The newly added patio is great for the summer.
They've just expanded and promise an espresso machine, which was the only thing lacking.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We went home to Antigonish for Highland Games and were lucky enough to eat at the Brownstone Cafe twice! My husband and I did a beautiful lunch where we enjoyed the fabulous pizza with a glass of wine. We then had friends visiting and we all went out for an incredible supper. Our friends were blown away by the food and in particular the unbelievable wine prices! To top off both visits we were able to enjoy one of the nicest patios I have ever seen. What a job designing that...it is such a great edition to the Main St.

We will continue to get a meal here whenever we are home! Keep up the great work!