“nice clean resturant”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Prissy Pig - CLOSED

Prissy Pig
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian, American, Delicatessen, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
antigonish
“nice clean resturant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and myself have had breakfast there about 12 times,and everthing was fine from food to service.The senior discount and coffee refills are a plus.I plan to check out there lunches.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank southland33

Antigonish, Canada
“A not well known pearl”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

I have eaten here several times in the last eight months, and find that the lunches that they do are done very well. Good, almost home cooked for a reasonable price. Daily specials are always changing and seem to be better each time I am there.

• Visited May 2014
“great breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

great breakfast offered late on weekends and they offer a seniors discount at age 55.

weekend buffet breakfast is great for big eaters.

bacon is home made and great.

nice big windows and lots of light.

• Visited February 2014
“Great Breakfasts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

Simple cooking, like the fish cakes and beans.I'm not fussy about their pastas but deserts are good and soups and salads as well. Breakfast can't be beat.Good coffee and nice atmosphere. They have free WiFi as well..

Visited September 2013
Nova Scotia
“Hold the salt- PLEASE!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

We went to the pp yesterday and saw the special advertised as " Hungarian Stew" because it was "Ethnic Day" ( odd nomenclature?)

The special was on for 8.95 and came with a biscuit. This seemed like a good idea so my wife and I both decided to go with the special. With coffee and a soft drink the bill came to almost $25 well above my KMUT limit, but it sounded like a good special so damn the torpedoes full speed ahead.

When the "stew" arrived we were a bit taken aback as it was more like a soup with large chunks of carrots, potatoes, beef and some sort of pasta ( I think).

The carrots were cooked nicely as was the beef but the potatoes were mushy and the thin broth was waaay too salty. I like salty dishes and I couldn't even finish mine and my wife had about two bites and pushed hers away and are some of her biscuit which was very dry. The servers walked past our table a number of times and had to have seen the uneaten bowl(s) of stew but no one bothered to ask if anything was wrong. As we left we told the cashier that the stew was too salty to eat and she said she would let the kitchen know - no apology, no offer of a discount. We ended up having to go to a fast food outlet for an edible lunch which is not at all what we planned.

We may go back to try their breakfast because we do like the location and the space and because it's hopefully hard to mess up breakfast!

The carrots