“great breakfast”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 4, 2014

great breakfast offered late on weekends and they offer a seniors discount at age 55.

weekend buffet breakfast is great for big eaters.

bacon is home made and great.

nice big windows and lots of light.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Simple cooking, like the fish cakes and beans.I'm not fussy about their pastas but deserts are good and soups and salads as well. Breakfast can't be beat.Good coffee and nice atmosphere. They have free WiFi as well..

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We went to the pp yesterday and saw the special advertised as " Hungarian Stew" because it was "Ethnic Day" ( odd nomenclature?)

The special was on for 8.95 and came with a biscuit. This seemed like a good idea so my wife and I both decided to go with the special. With coffee and a soft drink the bill came to almost $25 well above my KMUT limit, but it sounded like a good special so damn the torpedoes full speed ahead.

When the "stew" arrived we were a bit taken aback as it was more like a soup with large chunks of carrots, potatoes, beef and some sort of pasta ( I think).

The carrots were cooked nicely as was the beef but the potatoes were mushy and the thin broth was waaay too salty. I like salty dishes and I couldn't even finish mine and my wife had about two bites and pushed hers away and are some of her biscuit which was very dry. The servers walked past our table a number of times and had to have seen the uneaten bowl(s) of stew but no one bothered to ask if anything was wrong. As we left we told the cashier that the stew was too salty to eat and she said she would let the kitchen know - no apology, no offer of a discount. We ended up having to go to a fast food outlet for an edible lunch which is not at all what we planned.

We may go back to try their breakfast because we do like the location and the space and because it's hopefully hard to mess up breakfast!

The carrots

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Nice bright location, friendly staff, reasonably priced breakfast, just the right amount of food. What is not to love about the Prissy Pig. Fun mascott... Thank you so much for the tips on where to go in Nova Scotia... Enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Driving into Antigonish in the pouring rain we stopped for a much-needed coffee.
This bright, cheery place revived our spirits immediately, though the service, alas, did not. (To be fair I think it was just the one server who was having a bad day, as when I went back to the counter to ask about my order - how long does it take to heat up a Danish? - it came almost immediately).
Judging by the food being served around us this is a popular neighbourhood place, and seems especially welcoming to children.
It's good value, the Danish was lovely, the coffee good, and it's a lot easier to park there than in the Tim Horton's oppposite!