“A great find!”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We came upon the Prissy Pig by chance as we came into town from hiking around the Cape George area. We were in the midst of a road trip to Cape Breton. To that point none of our culinary experience had satisfied our vegetarian palates. We had excellent, fast service and were pleasantly surprised with the fantastic curried lentil wraps and salad we ordered. We decided that our luck must be changing. We would definitely stop again if traveling in that area. Just a short drive off the highway and much better quality food, service and atmosphere than any fast food restaurant and the timeliness of service was just as quick. What a fantastic find.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Breakfast is always great here but today we had lunch and I can't remember ever having a better soup in a restaurant Ever! Even the pita bread in my wrap was delicious, not something that normally steals the show for me..
All around fantastic

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have been to the Prissy Pig on several occasions over the last year. I leave in another province but often travel to Antigonish to visit family. The first time I was there the customer service was very poor. We (group of 4) waited at the cash for at least 5 minutes before even acknowledging us or taking our order. The price was high for what I got, but I got past that as I wanted a "real" breakfast. The food was okay but home fries were cold and not completely cooked. Sadly, I got the same experience two times after this, and in fact, the customer service only got worse. For the high price and poor customer service, I certainly won't be going back. It's unfortunate too, because I like to support local business, but I can't just justify paying as much as I have on a breakfast and having some of the staff deliver such poor customer service.

1  Thank jenny m
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Ordering was quick, food arrived quick and everything was very tasty. Nice little establishment. Would return when next in town visiting my son.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in this place after getting off the Newfoundland ferry a couple of hours before. Large family of 7, we stopped for a breakfast of more than just a Tims sandwich. Looking for something home cooked and hearty.

We had the breakfast buffet which includes scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, biscuits, and fruit along with coffee, tea and juice. Price at $9 per adult.
I found it pricey given there was no toast, or pancakes to compliment, however we did leave full.

Great atmosphere. Nice service even as buffet customers. Delicious food. Great coffee options.