“Poor customer service”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have been to the Prissy Pig on several occasions over the last year. I leave in another province but often travel to Antigonish to visit family. The first time I was there the customer service was very poor. We (group of 4) waited at the cash for at least 5 minutes before even acknowledging us or taking our order. The price was high for what I got, but I got past that as I wanted a "real" breakfast. The food was okay but home fries were cold and not completely cooked. Sadly, I got the same experience two times after this, and in fact, the customer service only got worse. For the high price and poor customer service, I certainly won't be going back. It's unfortunate too, because I like to support local business, but I can't just justify paying as much as I have on a breakfast and having some of the staff deliver such poor customer service.

1  Thank jenny m

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Ordering was quick, food arrived quick and everything was very tasty. Nice little establishment. Would return when next in town visiting my son.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in this place after getting off the Newfoundland ferry a couple of hours before. Large family of 7, we stopped for a breakfast of more than just a Tims sandwich. Looking for something home cooked and hearty.

We had the breakfast buffet which includes scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, biscuits, and fruit along with coffee, tea and juice. Price at $9 per adult.
I found it pricey given there was no toast, or pancakes to compliment, however we did leave full.

Great atmosphere. Nice service even as buffet customers. Delicious food. Great coffee options.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stumbled on this breakfast and lunch place, at the eastern edge of Antigonish, by accident. We were glad we did. I had fish cakes with salad, baked beans, a fresh scone, for $9.95. My wife had crab cakes with salad for a couple of bucks more. Both dishes were generous in size and delicious. My wife carried home half of her huge salad. The staff was courteous and efficient. While the place is unpretentious, it is well worth a visit at lunch time.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

It seems the pig is paying attention to their customers and in particular, to trip advisor reviews. They now ask people to rate them and have made some changes in service and menu options (such as being able to split a sandwich & soup combo between two people and ordering a side salad instread of a large salad. I can now meet my goal of "KMUT" Keep the Money Under Twenty" for lunch for two and walk away feeling that we had good quality and quantity for the money. House dressing is best salad dressing around - maybe in the whole province.

Bonuses are free wifi and lots of room