“Simple but good”

Homeward Inns of Canada
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Antigonish
Reviewed August 24, 2013

While my dad and I were on our way to Newfoundland, we stopped at Homeward Inns before arriving to North Sydney. I was very happy to see a cute sheltie sleeping on a couch at the front office and the staff was very friendly. They even called us at the room to make sure everything was alright. The only problem I could possibly think of is that there wasn't enough space in the two double-bed room. The breakfast was included and I found it very tasty( at the Snow Queen)!

Bonus: You could even bring your pets!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We have stayed at this motel several times. We were pleasantly surprised by the addition of a hot breakfast to our stay. Our room was well maintained, clean and meet our expectations.the staff was very friendly and helpful. This is not a 5 star resort, but is certainly a great value for the cost of your stay. The motel is a very short walk from St Francis Xavier University. There are several fast food restaurants very close.
I recommend calling the motel directly for the best rate.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is our second stay at the Inn and were happy with our stay both times...Pearl made sure we got we were comfortable and even upgraded our room because I was in a sling and she wanted me to have extra room at no extra charge....we will make this our regular stop over every year....there should be more people like pearl in the hospitality business.....

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We spent one night at Homeward Inn where we met Pearl when checking in - we had two rooms one for us and one for our friends. The Inn was immaculate and Pearl went way beyond the the call of duty to make us comfortable. She is truely a gem and will always be remembered by her kindness. She is definitely an asset to the manager and his Inn. Would definitely stay there again and breakfast at the Snow Queen was wonderful - another very nice couple. Thank you Pearl for making our stay a wonderful experience ! Robin and Dave Slaby, Susan and Dave Gordon from Florida

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed here with my family on the way back from P.E.I. And it was definitely not worth the cost. It is a very run down motel with a lot of work needed. It is also a very ugly area of town with terrible views from the window. You had to go to this little restaurant for your breakfast and the food was pretty bad. I definitely wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Francoise M
HomewardInnsofCanada, Manager at Homeward Inns of Canada, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you were unhappy with your stay at the Homeward Inns of Canada. As stated in all of our rooms and in our lobby, our property has a 100% percent satisfaction guarantee. Please contact us via our website, or by phone for a full refund.

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

This motel is in an excellent spot, beside Tim's and mcD's but we were placed at the back of the motel with just a creepy neighbour. I didn't feel safe therefore didn't sleep. Request a room upfront. Rooms were ok if just stopping through. I wouldn't stay more than one night.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank babe_queen14
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Very clean and quiet and so close to Tim's and macdonalds! loved the little dog that greeted us.. Would definetly stay there again.The price was good also.Very friendly staff!! Would highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: June 2013