“Good place to stop for the night” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maritime Inn Antigonish

Maritime Inn Antigonish
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Antigonish
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Good place to stop for the night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I stopped here on our way from the Eastern Shore to the Cape Breton Highlands park. It was an unseasonably hot day (90F) and the air conditioned room was a great relief! The ability to park right next to our room prevented having to schlep our luggage through the hotel.

Once we were in our room, we ate at the hotel restaurant which had excellent food.

We accidentally left our spare camera battery and charger in the room, but were able to pick them up on our way back through town. The staff and service were excellent. When asked where we could get ice for our cooler, we were told to just fill it up at the hotel ice machine! (another pleasant surprise)

Room Tip: Parking is right next to first floor rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AntAdmin, General Manager at Maritime Inn Antigonish, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for your gracious review. I am pleased to here that your visit to our property was positive.
We take pride in our services and enjoy extending our unique hospitality to our guests.

Again, I thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Shawn Boudreau

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were fortunate to just drive in at 7PM and get a room for that night. The room was very clean, and spacious. Love the reading area adjacent to the front desk in the lobby. The staff was pleasant and accommodating.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed here on our drive through to Cape Breton. The room is big I love the drive up and unload next to your room idea. Clean and a huge tv. I think it is a good value compared to others. I like the restaurant in the hotel It was pouring rain and we could just walk into the restaurant and enjoy a nice warm home-cooked meal without going back out in the rain. The only suggestion I have is that the front desk clerk didn't seem to have any information on the happenings of the town. We would have loved to spend some more time and money in Antigonish before we drove onto Cape Breton but there was no written information and we didn't seem to get much info when we asked.
Just a suggestion but otherwise great spot.

Room Tip: I got a lower level room just drive up and unload your bags - you park right outside of your room it...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Burrowing_rabbit
AntAdmin, General Manager at Maritime Inn Antigonish, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
I would like to thank you for your review, all reviews enable us to improve our customer service. I apologize for the lack of information available to you during your stay. We do have many brochures and travel guides available at our front desk. This is not typical of our customer service, and again I apologize.
I would to thank you for your gracious comments about our property and look forward to welcoming you again, in the near future.

Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I felt I paid a high price for the king room I booked for 2 nights. It was not a busy weekend, my car was practically the only car parked on the left Wing of the hotel. The bed is huge and comfortable which I prefer, the room is too small and needs a couple more furnishings like an extra small table and a coffee maker area. If you're on a business trip, it may be your only option in town, but try other hotels as well and make sure you get a good rate.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Erik R
AntAdmin, General Manager at Maritime Inn Antigonish, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for your review, all reviews are greatly appreciated.

We are pleased to hear that you found the bed large and comfortable.

Our rooms are furnished with top quality, beds and case goods, and we appreciate your observations on possible improvements to our room layout, and design.

It is unfortunate that, you feel your room rate was too high.
Our room rates a based on our quality of services, and products. We feel that the rates that we charge are fair, and necessary, to continue to provide our distinct quality of service and products.

Again, I thank you for your review. All reviews enable us to serve our guests better, and we hope you will return to our property in the near future.

Paris, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at the Maritime Inn Antigonish for seven nights. The hotel was extremely clean and very comfortable. Even though it is on the main street of Antigonish it is very quiet. It is quite conveniently located. It was a very busy trip for us and it was a great place to wind down and relax at the end of a busy day. The staff is very attentive and accommodating! The restaurant was excellent as well.

My only suggestion for improvement would be to upgrade the TV to a flat screen.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your gracious review.

We are pleased to hear that your stay was very comfortable and relaxing. We hope you will have a chance to visit again, perhaps this time on vacation, instead of work?

I also wan to let you know that we are now, "fully" equipped with flat screen televisions!

As of the third week in May, of 2013, we have upgraded all of our televisions, to flat screens.

Again thank you for your review and we look forward to your return to our property.

Genera Manager
Winchester, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Perfect location in the middle of town on the main drag. Extremely clean throughout. One of the most comfortable beds I ever slept in, plus four huge firm amazing pillows. Had two great sleeps, which I often don't do when travelling.

The restaurant is great in terms of service (great bunch of gals working there) and a good basic selection for breakfast and lunch. Nice touch was the vegetable "medley" at dinner, which instead of being the predicted frozen veggies steamed, was made up of fresh veggies (peppers, onions, etc.) that seemed vaguely charred as if stir fryed in an iron pan or something - yummmm. The small steak I ordered with a couple of shrimp was great too.

Staff all around were terrific and very friendly, other than fellow who initially checked me in, who was sort of indifferent but nothing that would keep me away.

Sometimes it's nice to have a drive-up room, which I had on this trip, and it was easy and convenient.

Great wifi connection.

When in Antigonish I'd go back to Maritime Inn for sure to stay and also for an easy, good, reasonably priced meal. Great spot!

Room Tip: I had room 106 which was drive-up, close to the front desk, ice machine and pop machine through an i...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AntAdmin, General Manager at Maritime Inn Antigonish, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
I would like to thank you for your wonderful review.

It is really motivating to hear you speak of our property, with such enthusiasm.
We strive for a high level of service each and every chance we get, and I am glad to hear that we have met expectations, in almost every aspect of your stay.

I would like to apologize for the indifferent attitude, of one of our staff, while staying at our property, I assure you that this is not typical of our customer service, and again, I do sincerely apologize.

Again, I am pleased to hear your stay was great, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our property.

Thanks again, for the great review, all reviews are greatly appreciated.

Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was booked into this hotel by my secretary and was very disappointed when I saw it on my ittinerary as I has stayed there a number of years ago and was less than impressed. When I got there, I couldn' was the me place. Clean modern rooms, a beautiful cozy checkin area and a restaurant with many gastronomic delights. Well done folks!

Room Tip: Come here. It's excellent !
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AntAdmin, General Manager at Maritime Inn Antigonish, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review!

I am happy to hear that you were quite impressed with our property. As you have noticed, we have recently completed extensive renovations, not only to our guest rooms, but to the entire property. and I am pleased that you approve.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

P.S. (Thank your secretary for us, she is obviously a great ambassador for our property.)

Shawn Boudreau
Also consider these accommodations in or near Antigonish
Antigonish Evergreen Inn
#4 of 6 in Antigonish
Red Roof Bed and Breakfast
Red Roof Bed and Breakfast
#1 of 1 in McArras Brook

Been to Maritime Inn Antigonish? Share your experiences!