“Lovely Inn” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Antigonish
Toronto
“Lovely Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

We are checking out Universities and went to Antigonish to tour St. FX. If anyone has read any of my other reviews, you will know that I planned our trip using CAA Triptik that rates the hotels and provides a description. Then I went to Tripadvisor and read many of the reviews which I found to be informative and sometimes entertaining. Anyway, we were not disappointed and were very impressed with the hotel and cleanliness. We only stayed the one night, and foud it to be quite allthough I think they had a full house. We had a long day travelling to Antigonish, so we decided to eat at their restaurant and everyone in my family was very happy with the food and service. My son was happy with the wireless internet service. I disagree with one of the reviews calling this a motel. I think a motel is where you park your car in front of your room. The building was a two story building and we were on the second floor, so perhaps the rooms had direct access to outside. I have to say I did not notice. On that note, there is no elevator, so if you think you can't manage the stairs you may want to ask for the first floor. The front office staff were more than happy to help get our luggage up or down the stairs. We did not care for the coffee provided in the rooms, but the cafe had good coffee.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
AntAdmin, General Manager at Maritime Inn Antigonish, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you for your review, all reviews enable us to improve our level of customer service and satisfaction.

I am pleased to hear that your experience at our property was positive. We strive for a high level customer satisfaction, and exceptional service.
I am delighted that you were satisfied with the cleanliness of the property as well as our Main St. Cafe Menu, and service.

Our wireless service is very user friendly, and I am glad to hear your son enjoyed the availability of our network.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't like our complimentary in room coffee. And I appreciate your honesty.

Again, thank you for your review, it is greatly appreciated.

Shawn Boudreau

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Maritime Inn in Antigonish. One really important aspect of any stay at a hotel is a clean room and in particular the bathroom. The tub was sparkeling and sheets were snow white. The staff was very friendly, approachable and on time. We will definitely visit the Maritime Inn Antigonish again!

Room Tip: They are all newly renevated and clean.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I would first like to thank you for your review. All reviews are very helpful in understanding what our guests want, and expect.

I am pleased to here, that you were exceptionally pleased with the cleanliness of our rooms, particularly, the washroom. We take pride in the cleanliness of our property, and it is at the forefront of our minds at all times.

Again, I would like to thank you for your review and invite you to visit our property in the near future.

Ellsworth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

We were sent to the Maritime after finding no rooms available at the Evergreen. The manager there assured us we would like it, and she was right. The rooms were clean and comfortable, albeit nothing special. The hotel staff, restaurant and servers were excellent. We were very surprised to enjoy a great meal in the inn's restaurant. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Keep an eye out for a $25 gift certificate good in the motel's restaurant. You'll find it in...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AntAdmin, General Manager at Maritime Inn Antigonish, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Thank you for your comments, they are greatly appreciated.
All comments and reviews are welcome, and only help to serve our guests better.

On your next visit to the area, I would invite you to experience our tastefully decorated, modern, Premiere Rooms, with an upgraded amenity package, large flat screen television, located in our quite executive platform. It will definitely feel like your home away from home.

Again, I thank you for your review, and hope to welcome you back to our property in the near future.

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

The friendly staff is not enough to offset some major service deficiencies which we did not notice the last time we stayed here. On two out of four days, although the bed was made and towels changed, garbage was not emptied and the bathroom not cleaned. Complaints resulted in this being rectified but despite several requests, I never heard from the hotel manager nor was any apology offered (and we had the so called executive room). For sure, a vacuum was never used on the rug during our entire stay and room service trays sat in the hall for 24 hours at a stretch. Service in the restaurant was generally fine except for one surly waitress who gave totally incorrect information about the menu including that there was a surcharge for sour cream for a baked potato. I am sorry to say that we will not be be back again.

Room Tip: deluxe rooms mean a trek up the stairs as there is no elevator
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
AntAdmin, General Manager at Maritime Inn Antigonish, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
I first would like to thank you for your review, all reviews and comments are greatly appreciated.
I regret to hear that your experience, while staying at our property, was less than exceptional.

I would like to extend my sincere apologies for not addressing your complaints personally. We like to pride ourselves on exceptional customer service, and I regret to say that we did not meet these standards in this case.

Our rooms are thoroughly cleaned, each and every day. I apologize for the lack of housekeeping services during your stay and, the proper procedures have been taken, to assure that, these oversights do not continue.

Your overall dining experience was not typical of our standard customer service, again, I apologize for the lack of knowledge, of our new menu, and lack of courteous service. We are always grateful or comments and concerns such as yours, so that we are able to learn form our mistakes, and, treat our customers, the way they should be treated.

Again I apologize for your experience at our property. I hope you will provide us with the opportunity to redeem ourselves, and re visit this property in the near future.

UAE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on a couple of nights in two separate rooms. All clean and tidy but the walls are a little on the thin side, particularly with reference to the bathrooms. Be aware that this is more of a motel than an inn. Wifi connection is good.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AntAdmin, General Manager at Maritime Inn Antigonish, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for your comments, we greatly appreciate all comments as they help us understand the needs and expectations of our guests.

I do sincerely apologize, that you had found the bathroom noisy, on several occasions.
We have totally renovated all of our bathrooms, however, the actual structure, and, or composition, of the walls, was not addressed.

I would like to invite you back to our property, to experience our newly renovated Premiere Rooms, which are located in our quiet, executive wing of the hotel. I am confident that the issues you experienced during this stay will not re surface, during your next visit.

Again, I thank you for your review, it is greatly appreciated.

Shawn B.
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

WOW!!! This hotel has come a long way from the last time we have visited. I can not express how wonderful the food was in the hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The decor was lovely. Mingo Group you have outdone yourself again!! Thank you for making this a rich yet cozy place for us the dine and stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Maritime Inn Antigonish, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Hello, I would like to personally thank you for your positive review. Your comments are greatly appreciated. All comments and opinions help to serve you better. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the near future!

Mathieu Martin
Revenue Manager
Richmond, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

I booked 13 rooms here in March 2012 and couldn't believe how much the rooms, restaurant had improved over our previous stay. Beds were really comfortable and the comforters made for a good night's sleep. Food in the restaurant was very good, service was quick and friendly. Would recommend to anyone visiting Antigonish.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business