“Less than Impressed”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Antigonish
Ottawa, Canada
“Less than Impressed”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The friendly staff is not enough to offset some major service deficiencies which we did not notice the last time we stayed here. On two out of four days, although the bed was made and towels changed, garbage was not emptied and the bathroom not cleaned. Complaints resulted in this being rectified but despite several requests, I never heard from the hotel manager nor was any apology offered (and we had the so called executive room). For sure, a vacuum was never used on the rug during our entire stay and room service trays sat in the hall for 24 hours at a stretch. Service in the restaurant was generally fine except for one surly waitress who gave totally incorrect information about the menu including that there was a surcharge for sour cream for a baked potato. I am sorry to say that we will not be be back again.

Room Tip: deluxe rooms mean a trek up the stairs as there is no elevator
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
AntAdmin, General Manager at Maritime Inn Antigonish, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
I first would like to thank you for your review, all reviews and comments are greatly appreciated.
I regret to hear that your experience, while staying at our property, was less than exceptional.

I would like to extend my sincere apologies for not addressing your complaints personally. We like to pride ourselves on exceptional customer service, and I regret to say that we did not meet these standards in this case.

Our rooms are thoroughly cleaned, each and every day. I apologize for the lack of housekeeping services during your stay and, the proper procedures have been taken, to assure that, these oversights do not continue.

Your overall dining experience was not typical of our standard customer service, again, I apologize for the lack of knowledge, of our new menu, and lack of courteous service. We are always grateful or comments and concerns such as yours, so that we are able to learn form our mistakes, and, treat our customers, the way they should be treated.

Again I apologize for your experience at our property. I hope you will provide us with the opportunity to redeem ourselves, and re visit this property in the near future.

Shawn Boudreau

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
UAE
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on a couple of nights in two separate rooms. All clean and tidy but the walls are a little on the thin side, particularly with reference to the bathrooms. Be aware that this is more of a motel than an inn. Wifi connection is good.

• Stayed August 2012
AntAdmin, General Manager at Maritime Inn Antigonish, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for your comments, we greatly appreciate all comments as they help us understand the needs and expectations of our guests.

I do sincerely apologize, that you had found the bathroom noisy, on several occasions.
We have totally renovated all of our bathrooms, however, the actual structure, and, or composition, of the walls, was not addressed.

I would like to invite you back to our property, to experience our newly renovated Premiere Rooms, which are located in our quiet, executive wing of the hotel. I am confident that the issues you experienced during this stay will not re surface, during your next visit.

Again, I thank you for your review, it is greatly appreciated.

Shawn B.
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed June 22, 2012

WOW!!! This hotel has come a long way from the last time we have visited. I can not express how wonderful the food was in the hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The decor was lovely. Mingo Group you have outdone yourself again!! Thank you for making this a rich yet cozy place for us the dine and stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Maritime Inn Antigonish, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Hello, I would like to personally thank you for your positive review. Your comments are greatly appreciated. All comments and opinions help to serve you better. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the near future!

Mathieu Martin
Revenue Manager
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I booked 13 rooms here in March 2012 and couldn't believe how much the rooms, restaurant had improved over our previous stay. Beds were really comfortable and the comforters made for a good night's sleep. Food in the restaurant was very good, service was quick and friendly. Would recommend to anyone visiting Antigonish.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Avjk
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I stayed 3 nights midweek and found the staff very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean (apparently recently refurbished) and the bed was very comfortable. I had a main floor room and could park right in front of it. Positives would be the staff and cleanliness, negatives would be a little noise from the neighbors and the price is a bit high. (I didin't research prices at the other motel in town, so it might just be the market there) The restaurant was very good as well and the location was great.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Rick M
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed here 2 nights on business. Check in quick and easy, friendly desk staff willing to offer info on area and directions. I had a ground room floor with an exterior door and it was nice to park right outside my door and carry my stuff in. Never heard a peep from my neighbors. My room was clean and no weird odors from bathroom as noted in other review. The room service was quick and very good food. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Moncton
Reviewed February 2, 2012

The floors were dirty (chocolate mm's under the heater), dried tooth paste on the sink, hair in the bath tub and prices are horrible!

Would not recommend this hotel and thought about sleeping in the car for the night if it wasn't winter.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Mathieu M, Manager at Maritime Inn Antigonish, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback and bringing this to our attention. This is not the normal standards of our hotel and I’m sorry that you had to be checked into a room that was below our standards. In our continuing effort to better serve our guests we have taken the proper procedures in this department so that this error should not repeat itself. I encourage you to give me a call directly at the hotel to discuss this error on our behalf further in detail at 1-888-662-7484 and ask for Mathieu Martin (Room Revenue Manager) Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.