“It was okay”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Antigonish
New Brunswick
“It was okay”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

It was much better since last time I stayed in 2009. The rooms were much more up to date and the beds were more comfortable. The lobby still looks a bit dated but it suits it. The on site restaurant was great and the breakfasts were fantastic.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HostAntigonish, Owner at Claymore Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to give your impressions on our hotel and restaurant. I am pleased that you found improvements compared to previous visits and I want to ensure you that we will be continuing our efforts to make further upgrades. Thank you also for your favorable comments on the Justamere Cafe's food and service. It is definitely an asset to our overall operation.

Ernie Curry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We were in Antigonish last week for our son's graduation from St. FX University but did not think we would need an overnight reservation. At the last minute we starting checking to get one and found everything was booked for miles around in that area. However, Claymore Inn were able to come through with a lovely room which included fridge, microwave, two great reading chairs (which is always high on list of priorites for a hotel room) and all the other amenties you would expect from a good hotel. Also, their in-house restaurant has high quality food especially at the breakfast we were able to leisurely enjoy the next morning. Also it is located in a small shopping mall area which includes a liquor store, other restaurants and drugstores, etc. so anything you may have forgotten is only seconds away. We had a great stay and would highly recommend the Claymore and we would certainly stay there again when we are in Antigonish

Room Tip: If reading is a priority, ask for room with two reading chairs and good lighting when you are bookin...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I am very pleased to hear that you had such a pleasant experience on your recent stay with us. Your positive comments are an encouragement for us to continue our efforts in providing high quality accommodations and restaurant service. We are looking forward to the privilege of having you as a guest in the future.

Chanhassen, Minnesota
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed at the Claymore Inn this past weekend for our daughter's graduation. We could not have chosen better accommodations. The rooms were spotless, the staff amazing, and the restaurant was very good and convenient. The Inn is located adjacent to a small shopping mall which includes a liquor store, grocery store and a pharmacy. We used all three...champagne, snacks, and advil the following morning. It was a great weekend! Thank you so much Claymore Inn staff! Actually, thank you to all of the people in Antigonish, you are so hospitable!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are fine. Clean and simple.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your very kind words.They give us the encouragement to continue our efforts to provide high quality accommodations and service to all of our guests. Our staff are often complimented on their friendliness and hospitality which makes me proud of them. I hope we have the privilege of serving you again in the future.

London, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I was there in 2012. I went there for a conference. I found a nice room with a clean bed. Staffs were so good. Breakfast was very nice. I liked it. It is close to everything. Pool was very nice and warm.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I found the Claymore Inn when I was looking for a place to stay. The tourist information was closed for the season when I arrived. As I had no balance on my mobile phone and apparently 1-800 numbers were not free of charge, I didn't want to look around for a place to stay.

I didn't regret staying the night at the Claymore Inn. It's a good accomodation. The room was clean and big enough for me with TV, bathroom (shower/WC) and double bed.
During the summer, there are certainly a few other options, but I can recommend this hotel. There are other amenities (a small pool), but I didn't use those.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank thor_74HH
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We were in town for a badminton tournament and decided to pay the extra for a higher end room. (Rather than one of the motels along the highway) A pool, spa area, free wi-fi and breakfast were indeed added incentives for booking. We were disappointed to learn the pool area was out of service when we arrived, and we were unable to get logged into the wi-fi for several hours. (The friendly staff did not know why, perhaps at that time there were too many users?) The room had been updated in recent years and the carpet removed. I liked this feature, as so many times hotel carpets show their wear and bother my allergies. Our room included two vouchers for $7 off our breakfast. The cafe had a good selection of items, and was presented well. Unfortunately, they don't open until 8 on the weekend so we almost had to for go the discount and go elsewhere as we were supposed to start playing at 8:30 but we opted to wait and eat quickly. The staff were great to help that along.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Saint Thomas, Canada
Reviewed September 15, 2012

This was my second trip to Antigonish and the hotel I had stayed in previously was booked. The staff there recommended the Claymore Inn, and I am very happy that they did. The room was clean and very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and the complimentary breakfast was fantastic. The Inn is right by the mall and restaurants. Easy access to the highway. Looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family