Claymore Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cove Motel(Port Hastings)
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsboth morningsscottish themeclean roomsconvenient locationwalking distance to downtownolder hotelnext morningbit datedthe room was nicestay there againnight's sleepshort drivehighland gamescarpetnsconversationuniversity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My husband and I decided to travel to Cape Breton and go around the Cabot Trail. We are the type to "chance" a room, so without a reservation anywhere we took off for beautiful Nova Scotia. We decided to stay in the Antigonish area for the night, as we took the exit for Antigonish, I spied the Claymore Inn & Suites, looks like a nice place sure enough rooms were available! Couldn't have asked for more....room was amazing! It was very clean, inviting, relaxing and decorated beautifully! Definitely would stay there again when travelling through Antigonish, NS. Felt like being in my own bed.....:).The restaurant excellent food!

1  Thank Kathryne P
HostAntigonish, Owner at Claymore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience at The Claymore Inn & Suites. I am pleased that we were able to meet your expectations and I look forward to an opportunity when we can serve you in the future.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

i read something about the inn and thougt try it!
we was not disappoited, very clean rooms , nice employees and a good restaurant.
we had a great breakfast, you get a voucher for this!
excellent!!!!

a lot of stores and restaurants are nearby

1  Thank Malte B
HostAntigonish, Owner at Claymore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I am pleased that your visit was restful and enjoyable. Please come again.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Thinking we could not get a room here for the night, we were surprised that they still had accommadations.

They could only offer us a Queen bed (we're used to king) but it was a very nice room.
The rooms are clean, and comfortable, even had a plant in the room which I liked, made me feel at home.

They has a very nice dining room, and outdoor patio.
We only had an Icecream, (because we had eaten earlier) which was presented very nice, and it was good!
I looked forward to having breakfast in the dining room, but they did not open untill 8am so we could not wait that long.

It was a very comfortable stay, and we could go on the road again well rested.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
HostAntigonish, Owner at Claymore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay. I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Because the main part of the inn was full my friend and I were booked into the apartment complex and were very happy with the overall experience. Registration desk were very friendly and accommodating. Room was clean and bed comfortable. Enloyed swim in pool both mornings we were there. Conference rooms had good PA system and overall I would not hestitate to return or recommend Claymore Inn. Also appreciated location, which was convenient for shopping and finding restuarants close by. Thanks you for a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We (husband, daughter and grandson) reserved two rooms (side by side) on New Year's Eve to attend a wedding of long time friends' daughter. We all had a wonderful time, got to splash in the pool twice, the event was most enjoyable as well as the food that was served throughout the evening.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family