“Never going back”

Ranked #5 of 47 Restaurants in Antigonish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Used to go here quite often for sandwiches or just a coffee and a quick snack. Last time I was here the service was super slow- but thats minor. While I was waiting in line- having only 2 people ahead of me but waiting 10 mins to be served..I witnessed what was either the owners child, or counter attendants child sneezing, coughing and picking his nose... to go back and maul the goodies in the display counter.. while this was happening no one behind the counter seemed to mind that germs and sickness was contaminating what used to be the best cookies in town. I was so disappointed and disgusted I couldn't drink my coffee. Farewell Tall and Small.

7  Thank danetteallen
There are newer reviews for The Tall and Small Cafe

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Food was not bad. I had the lentil burger - quite tasty - and my friends had their grilled cheese. The long wait was not expected since cafe was not even full. So don't go if you are in a hurry. Nice atmosphere though.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

The Tall and Small serves delicious home-baked goods as well as soup and great sandwiches. Lineups can be long but the service is quick. Coffee drinks are the best in town.

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I loved everything I tired on the menu. The grilled cheeses and pulled pork sandwich were delish. Try the Asian salad dressing, you can't go wrong. The staff was warm and friendly. If I don't have time for lunch, definitely going back for the excellent coffee.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This little cafe is on the Main Street of Antigonish. Every time I go to this wonderful University town I eat at the Tall and Small. It is a funky little place with miss matched chairs and tables, you stand in line at the counter to order and they deliver it to your table.
The food is handmade and homemade and is delicious. From the sandwiches to the salads, no deep fried here, everything is delicious.
Do hesitate to stand in line to wait for your food at this Wonderful little spot. The wait is worth it :)