“Great stay”

Bailey House Bed and Breakfast
Montague, Canada
“Great stay”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We spent 1 night at the Bailey House B&B in Sept 2012. We had the Elizabeth Marm room. Very cozy room w/ bathroom. We really enjoyed our stay, the Inn is just outside the downtown region on a main street, still in walking distance but quiet for sleeping. The owner was a very lovely lady, she was very accomodating and quite helpful w/ the area. She pointed out local attractions we should experience and gave us good advice on where to eat. I would definately stay there again, it was great.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed comfy and cozy, our room was a little larger w/ alot of seating and private bat...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Springfield, Ohio
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed at the Bailey House on our Eastern trip. I chose it because of the water view, which is very good out two windows. Suzan, the innkeeper, is a very nice person who has put a lot into the items in the house. The breakfast was outstanding as she obviously is a fine cook. She baked the night before breakfast and the aroma made us drool waiting on the food. The rates are good and everything you would need is in all of the themed rooms. It was immaculate and we would love to return.

Room Tip: all rooms are great and about the same
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We returned from an enjoyable two night stay at Bailey House this past long weekend. Upon our late afternoon arrival we were pleasantly met by the innkeeper, Suzan, who was chatting with other guests in her kitchen. The inn is beautifully restored to it's late 1700's age while contemporary and Canadiana art can be found throughout the house. Our room was situated at the back of the inn with a view of the garden. The room was large and spotless and beautifully decorated in period furniture. The feather top mattress on a queensize bed delivered a very comfortable sleep which is always a concern for me because of back issues and fibromyalgia. The modern attractive bathroom was large with every detail considered. My husband and I really appreciated the full size shower toileteries offered, far better than the usual mini offerings in most places.
The location is perfect - across from the waterfront, very quiet even though the inn faces the main street but at the quiet end of the town and just minutes away from the shops and restaurants.
We discussed dining options for the evening with Suzan and she followed through with making reservations for us. As well, she offered to confirm details for the Sunday evening candlelight cemetery walk which we planned on attending.
The generous and delicious breakfasts were served in an inviting, sunny, dining room. In fact, our last morning, since we were the last guests in the inn since one other couple had a very early start back to the local airport, we enjoyed breakfast in a very cozy room off the kitchen where we enjoyed Suzan's company while she was preparing a Thanksgiving feast for that evening.
We would not hesitate to stay at the Bailey House again and would recommend to anyone looking for a great place to stay while Annapolis Royal.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The Bailey house is one of the most beautiful B&Bs in the area, however, the owner could use a personality adjustment. She is not the most welcoming of hosts, maybe because we got in a little late (7:30pm), or perhaps we had wet clothing to hang up and she did not want it on the chairs, or perhaps my partner went into the kitchen and was chased out. I don't know....As I said, the place is beautiful, immaculate and comfortable; the breakfast was good too....our fellow breakfast friends seemed to think the same thing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank SeashellSue
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Our two night stay at the Bailey House was memorable. The B&B is across the street from the water and is within walking distance to everything that Annapolis Royal has to offer. Susan, the innkeeper, has placed Adorondack Chairs by the water so you can sit and enjoy the view. The Bailey House is extremely clean, comfortable and well kept. Susan pays attention to detail in everything she does, from the decorating, feather bed, bed linens, the delicious breakfast, bath towels, cut glass wine glasses in the room, etc, etc. She told us about unique places to visit and experience in the area. The morning of our departure, we had to leave at 6:15 AM to catch the ferry. There Susan was, in the kitchen, making us a delicious and thoughtful bag lunch for the road. If in Annapolis Royal, the Bailey House is a must! All I can say is "Kudos to Susan and the Bailey House!"

Room Tip: We stayed in the back room of the house. Next time, I would choose the front room only because it ha...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rya4
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Suzan was a very unwelcoming hostess. She complained I had too many bags (I did not ask her to carry them). Huffed when I asked to use the microwave for my magic bag. I was told breakfast was only served at 830 a.m. I had to leave for work by 8 a.m. Although a bagged breakfast was offered, i have never stayed at a bed and breakfast where there was not some flexibility in the breakfast time. My room was nice, comfortable bed, but when i decided to go out for supper, I could not get the front door unlatched (i admit i was told it was tricky). Suzan was nowhere to be found, so i returned to my room hungry for the remainder of the night. The next morning, I mentioned my trouble with the door and she made me feel it was my fault for not finding the back door (I guess I was supposed to snoop around the house to find it).

Overall, the experience would have been more tolerable if the owner welcomed her guests instead of making me feel I was a thorn in her side and interrupted her life. When I travel for work, it's hard enough being away from my family, I don't want to stay at a place that makes me feel worse about my time on the road. I won't be going back here.

Room Tip: There is one room at the front of the house that has no wifi access. You can get wifi in one of the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
11 Thank travelllingmama2
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We thought Suzan, the innkeeper, was a delight -- felt an immediate connection with her. She is responsive and helpful and gives lots of good advice -- and stays out of your way when you just want some privacy. The house is the most beautiful B&B ever -- really interesting artwork, comfy and luxurious furniture, immaculate, and really interesting. It's an 18th century house, but plumbing is modern and their nothing creaky about the place. But the best thing was Suzan's breakfast! We were there two mornings and had really memorable, delicious meals. Ask for a room facing the water if available. Even though they face the street, this end of Annapolis Royal is very quiet. Although we were the only gay couple staying, we felt completely comfortable with the town, the inn, and with the other guests. Definitely a high point of our trip to Nova Scotia.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with kids, ask for the carriage house in the back of the garden -- much more...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple