“Customer service lacking”

and 1 more site!
Bailey House Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I'm sharing my review in hopes that the Innkeeper will read it.

I called to book my reservation she was incredibly rude. I relayed this to my employer for whom I booked this reservation so I could prepare her in case the Innkeeper was just as rude when she arrived.

I've since learned she crossed well over "rude" into "I will never go back there" territory.

Suzanne, I'm sure you must've noticed a recurring theme in these reviews. These reviews are for you. You have paying customers and need to understand that within the hospitality industry, you must at the very least be hospitable. Chronic eye rolling, sighing and a snippy attitude are preventing repeat customers.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
17  Thank Secretary243

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We are driving around Nova Scotia on a 17 day tour that began in Portland Maine. We stayed here for two nights. Our room was on the front of the building so we had a great view of the water and flowers across the street. There was no noise at night even though we were on the street. Suzan was a great hostess. I was a little surprised to see that she was described as not being friendly. She is a very professional lady and perhaps not the stay-at-home mother type. She is more like a good friend. She gave us tips on things to see that were not on our planned tour. We drove all the way to Church Point to see a couple of churches, had scallops in Digby, toured the gardens and Fort Anne. Breakfast was delicious. The gardens out back are beautiful. After a full day, a rest in the chairs across the street was delightful.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Janette W
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights and were very comfortable in the Bailey Room with great views over the water. The room was traditionally furnished, but the bathroom was super-modern - an ideal combination! The public rooms were also beautiful, with interesting ornaments and art, and the excellent presentation extended to the breakfasts which looked as fantastic as they tasted. Suzan provided advice on where to eat and what to do - don't miss the evening cemetery tour, she's right about that. We loved our stay - just two small quibbles: the wifi only worked properly downstairs, and it would be nice to be able to access coffee in the evening as well as the morning.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2012

If you like history and historic villages, Annapolis Royal is the place to be. The cemetery tour and the tour of the Fort are well worth it. Many, many historical buildings have been preserved including Bailey House. It is a neat place to stay with a hearty breakfast.

Room Tip: Choose one of the rooms overlooking the water.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The Bailey house is a charming 1770 home situated beside the water on a quiet street within walking distance of good dining and the local market. We arrived to a greeting from Suzan, the charming and helpful owner who made us feel as if she had been waiting just for just us. She helped carry our bags to a beautifully clean, well maintained and quiet room as she asked about our plans. When she learned that we had not booked the ferry to St. John, she told us the departure times immediately dialed the ferry service for us. Luckily we secured a place for the next evening. Suzan supplied an area map, circled the points of interest, gave us several options for dining and walked us out onto the street to point them out. The breakfast table was fabulous... a culinary and visual treat. It ended with a wonderful surprise as Suzan had arranged for the town crier complete with bell and wooden shoes to appear and tell us a little history about Annapolis Royal. Everyone obviously enjoyed the experience before we all trundled out to the Saturday morning market. My wife and I loved it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here last summer, and although the Inn was beautiful (our room and bathroom were impeccably clean), we felt like we were imposing on the owner from the moment we arrived. We did not feel welcome upon arrival- the owner was very rude, clipped and unfriendly- it made for a very uncomfortable stay- we couldn’t wait to get out of there the next morning….

Bottom line, it is a beautiful Inn, but my oh my, the owner is as rude as they come. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
11  Thank captain809
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We agree with all the other reviews about the tastefulness of the house--historical and luxurious. The breakfast was excellent. We would have given it a 5 except for:

The mattress sagged--I kept rolling to the edge

The hostess was helpful, but I understand what others wrote about her manner. you're not sure that she really wants you there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple