“Beautiful and interesting ”

Annapolis Royal Historic Gardens
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: ESCAPE from the hectic pace of everyday life with a visit to Annapolis Royal’s beautiful Historic Gardens!In a beautiful setting overlooking a tidal river valley, the 17 acre Historic Gardens is a premiere Nova Scotia attraction showcasing gardening methods, designs and materials representing more than four hundred years of local history. Highlights include a Rose collection of more than 270 cultivars, an Acadian House representing pre-deportation 1671 time period, and much more…
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

We arrived in the afternoon on a beautiful day. We were able to acquire for our needs. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The Roses were gorgeous and the grounds were well maintained!

All reviews
"full bloom"
in 22 reviews
"gift shop"
in 24 reviews
"stop and smell the roses"
in 9 reviews
"lovely walk"
"on site"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful place. Such a variety of gardens which were well maintained. We spent about 3 hours walking through the gardens and had a delicious lunch in the small restaurant o, the grounds.

Reviewed July 5, 2017

My wife and I have frequented the Annapolis Royal Historic Gardens several times over the past few years, always making sure that we stop by whenever that we find ourselves in or around Annapolis Royal.
Despite these many visits and the consistently beautiful and well-kept gardens, I had never felt as compelled to write a review as I did after my most recent visit, so I made an account on trip advisor just for this. The reason why I am leaving a review is not so much for the gardens themselves, but for the courteous staff members. The atmosphere throughout the Historic Gardens as a whole was winderful; however, two staff members in particular really stood out to my wife and I. The two young women who were working at the Elm Street Cafe had such a joyful enthusiam about them and I know that I was not the only visitor who noticed and appreciated this. I would also like to make special note of how knowledgable these girls proved to be when faced with questions about the history of the town of Annapolis Royal. They seemed to be very well-versed in many facets of the town's historical significance and spoke very clearly and personably.
All in all, I hope that the staff this year knows that their enthusiam and hard work is much appreciated! To anyone who has been considering stopping in for a visit, this would be a fantastic year to do so! I know that my wife and I certainly plan on stopping by again before that the summer ends!
P.S. the strawberry shortcake and cinnamon rolls are always a treat! In my opinion, it's not really a trip to the Historic Gardens if you don't stop in for a bite to eat at the cafe!

Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

I expected much more given the specifics of the brochure. Albeit enjoyable and for me the Innovative Garden was best... ideas for my own garden