“Just fantastic!”

Hillsdale House Inn
Halifax, Canada
“Just fantastic!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed at the Hillsdale House Inn during the Warf Rat Ralley week-end in August. The inn and property is spectacular, and the hosts (Paul and Val) were incredibly welcoming and friendly. Even met some other house guests... ;)

Thanks again for such incredible hospitality!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
courtneyad
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have had the pleasure of staying at the HH Inn in Annapolis Royal about a dozen times in the past two years. I am a fairly critical and picky person, and I can truly say that I have never found fault with the beautiful rooms, grounds and fantastic service at the Hillsdale House.
I have stayed in a few different rooms at the HH and I've never had one I didn't love. The beds are extremely comfortable, and the bathrooms are VERY lovely and clean. I really enjoy sitting on the idyllic back deck, sipping a glass of local wine (Val and Paul the owners can make good recommendations) and looking out over the fantastic yard. I've even seen deer wander by...
I think the most special thing about the Hillsdale House is the way that Val and Paul the innkeepers make you feel at ease, welcome and happy. They are full of great ideas about what to do in the area, and always eager to see how they can make your stay even better. I hope I get to return soon!

Room Tip: Room 10 has a really fantastic alcove that looks over the garden... I love room 5 (I think) because...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This was our 4th year at the Wharf Rat Rally and 4th year that we stayed with Paul and Val at the Hillsdale. I don't know that there is much I can say that I have not said before, the Hillsdale House Inn is an exceptional place to stay, beautiful rooms, wonderful staff, outstanding breakfast. We are already booked for next year. We truly look at the Hillsdale as our home away from home the Labour Day weekend each year and Paul and Val are definitely considered dear friends.
If you have the opportunity to visit the beautiful Annapolis Royal a stay here is a must.

Room Tip: The rooms are all so different you should look at the pictures and choose what you like.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed only one night in the Hillsdale House Inn, but it was lovely. The room was a smaller one, as I was travelling solo, but it featured all the amenities I needed - and the bed was exceptionally comfortable. The hosts were friendly, welcoming and generous. The house and the grounds were spectacular. Breakfast was exceptional as well - fresh, hommemade and delicious! I would strongly recommend this Inn to any travellers in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Southwest Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I spent two nights at Hillsdale House in August and stayed in Room 5 on the top floor. The room was beautiful, air conditioned and had a large bathroom with a claw footed bath tub. We loved it. The inn itself is welcoming, immaculate, and lovely; breakfast was top notch with lots of choice, well cooked food and homemade muffins and jams. I would recommend staying here to anyone - it is close to the historic gardens and just a short walk to Fort Anne. For anyone with mobility issues a room on a lower floor would be recommended.

Annapolis Royal itself is also a lovely place. Don't miss the gardens or the graveyard tour.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Everything about Hillsdale House Inn was excellent, with one minor exception. We had a beautiful room, with a spacious, well-equipped en suite bath. The breakfast was delicious and very plentiful. The advice and assistance we got from Val and Paul was top notch. The one exception is that the air conditioner in our room was very noisy.

Despite that small glitch, I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We have stayed at 4 Annapolis Royal inns and this is our favourite. The grounds and gardens are outstanding. The room was very comfortable and right for us and breakfast was lovely. We loved sitting out on the veranda for a cocktail. Convenient to restaurants and Historic Gardens. We will book again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple