“Try the lemon iced tea”
Review of Bistro East

Bistro East
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Just stopped in here for dessert on a hot day. Both my wife and I were happy with the food. I had the home brewed lemon iced tea and thought it was fantastic. Gonna try and reproduce it at home.

1  Thank Jonathan L
There are newer reviews for Bistro East

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We arrived for a late lunch (2pm) and so did a few others. Waited 1 hour for our meal which was small and overpriced. Our son was actually sick all night from the clubhouse sandwich. It was obvious that there were other patrons just as irritated as we were. No apologies, no compensation for the poor service and meal. We were brutally honest and they just didn't seem to care.

3  Thank jfarmer19
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Had lunch here Aug 4 - noticed staff picking up glasses by the mouth rather than the bowl or stem - otherwise the staff were pleasant but noticed a little awkwardness as people entered and looked to be greeted and advised about seating (staff did not greet guests quickly and tell them to seat themselves or direct them to a seat).

I ordered the lobster chowder which was good and we both ordered lobster rolls - the salad was very good but the lobster was pretty bland for some reason and very, very wet, liquid would drip out as you bit into your sandwich. It wasn't bad but it wasn't really good either.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Twenty minutes ago we arrived home from another great meal at Bistro East. I'm not a big meat eater, so I love that there is variety. My favorite dish is the Portobello Melt that comes with the fresh salad. My husband had the club sandwich that also comes with the salad. The multigrain baguette's that the sandwiches are made with are so good and nice and soft. Thumbs up to both of these meals. We don't often order their specials, as we have our menu favorites. We have had the pizza's....usually the large and they are very very good. I can say that only one large pizza that we had delivered was alittle skimpy on the toppings. Dining in, we always had alot of toppings. No big deal! From time to time the Pulled Pork is offered and I highly recommend it as well. No french fries here!!! Healthy salads and great food!! We really appreciate the owners of Bistro East. Super friendly, helpful and always looking for ways to improve. The decor is fun and a real gathering place any time of day or season. We've been in Annapolis Royal only a few years and I must say that we are so pleased with what this friendly community has to offer. Bistro East is a real treasure in our eyes! I highly recommend it.

1  Thank 74Debra
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Once you pass Wolfville and head west into the Annapolis Valley, there are not many decent restaurants serving contemporary cuisine. Bistro East is hip, refined, delicious.