“Easter surprise”

Fort Anne National Historic Site
More attraction details
Owner description: Historic site brings to life that part of Canada's past when conflict between Europe's empire-builders took place on the shore of the Annapolis River.
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My friend and I woke up early to explore, we were amused to find a small bunny board on a hill. I wanted to see if that was where one of the Easter egg treat was hidden, but as I got closer the colourful Easter eggs were actually scattered everywhere in Fort Anne grass, hills, path and even in the bushes. There were hundreds of Eggs waiting for the children to hunt. We talked to a community member along the way and saw a few still scattering eggs around. It was an amazing heart warming moment for me, since I never experienced something so nice from the city. Unfortunately, my friend and I briefly walked around the field, due to our tight schedule.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Museum was cool to explore, worth the quick visit. The fort itself is amazing to see. Lush green grass-covered hills, just plain beautiful. Nice place to spend a warm summer evening watching out over the water, just watch out for mosquitos when the sun goes down!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

The museum exhibits are very well presented but make sure you leave time to stroll around the grounds, too. The earthen defences are great for exploring. Take some time to just sit and gaze out on the water and imagine what it would have looked like in the days of sailing ships. A great spot to enjoy a warm, sunny afternoon.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Fort Anne is a really interesting site that has changed hands many times throughout history. The visitor center provided informative context, and the grounds are beautiful. I only have two recommendations that could have improved our visit:
1) Add some numbering to the information panels in the visitor center, to ensure the visitors know the correct order in which to read them
2) The grounds themselves are just begging for some information plaques. We enjoyed our time wandering around, but some extra information at different locations would've really helped.

1  Thank TheReluctantAdvisor
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The fort is worth seeing in the day and the graveyard tour at night is amazing! All a must do. The graveyard tour is not scary. It is all about the history of the first people there some of the oldest graves around. Good stories and fun time.