“Excellent stay at the King George”
Review of King George Inn

and 1 more site!
King George Inn
Ranked #14 of 19 Annapolis Royal B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay with another couple at the King George Inn - it felt like being at home, but in a Victorian mansion. Faith is very friendly and helpful, giving us multiple restaurant recommendations (which all turned out very well) and helping us navigate the possible options for the area. We even ended up staying an extra night, choosing to take a day trip east and then a longer travel day. We enjoyed the tips on Victorian dining - if you're a little flexible and enjoy the diversity of life, most of the concerns in other review will not apply to you.

Room Tip: If the inn isn't full, look around and see what room fits your style. The rooms in front have a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for King George Inn

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed at this Inn a few during the summer and it was a horrible experience.
1) The rooms were musty. The Inn Keeper told us we had to keep the window of our room closed and the Air Conditioner on at all times.
2) She set a curfew - we had to be back by 10:00 p.m. so as not to disturb her (even though we had keys and we are two non drinking, quiet people who just wanted a walk at night).
3) She swore profusely and kept calling her old customers 'F$#! idiots' which was completely inappropriate.
4) She made us re-park our car every time the car in front of us left as she had to have them in a line.
5) She had rules for how we had to eat breakfast, as she wanted to 'educate' us on victorian manners.

Avoid this place at all cost. I stay at B&Bs a lot and this is by far the worst experience I have ever had by miles.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Anee1212
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We arrived extremely late in the evening, but Faith was there to greet us at the door. And in a way that sums up our experience at King George: Faith was so friendly and inviting the whole time we were in Annapolis Royal.

Finding out that it was our honeymoon, Faith upgraded us to the honeymoon suite... I believe it was the Victoria room and it was wonderful! We enjoyed a lovely veranda, king sized bed and wondrous bathroom. Not to mention a wedding present of chocolate (gone in a flash) a mug and a stained glass candle holder with a dragonfly (a symbol of good luck and prosperity).

We realized quickly that we needed to spend an extra day in Annapolis and Faith delivered! She had another room available and had it ready for us to move in to by 10:30am! She gave us a deal on this room too, which was so nice.

Faith also had lots of brochures and suggestions of places to see and when to go. Annapolis is a great town!

Lastly, Faith personally serves all of her guests breakfast. She teaches etiquette and proper procedures of eating Victorian style.

We recommend King George to anyone planning to visit Annapolis Royal or the surrounding area!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HDPeereboom
Reviewed September 14, 2013

First I will say the Innkeeper seemed like a lovely person, very warm. The Inn is a place I would not wish to stay in and the reason I feel people avoid B&B's. We booked a few rooms and checked in , paid and left without sleeping.The Inn has no on site parking, that is something I could live with but like on site better. The rooms were cluttered and messy in appearance with too much stuff and one had an unpleasant smell. The bathrooms are very small the size of closets in the two rooms we viewed. We decide to leave and go else where, now I paid the Inn Keeper and explained it was not what we expected and left. If you don't mind small rooms and bathrooms and lots of clutter, than its the place for you.. just not me.. other than that the Innkeeper seemed a very pleasant person...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank valcharlescook
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've stayed in Annapolis Royal many times, but this was the first time for my man. We'd been driving for fourteen hours; when Faith noticed my walking stick, she immediately moved us to a first floor room. This exemplifies how she runs the King George--kindness,attention to detail, and the kind of hospitality that I cherish Nova Scotia for. The room was beautiful--gorgeous antiques, homey, and the bathroom! I started my day in the Jacuzzi tub (for which my arthritis was deeply grateful). Breakfast the next morning was delicious, filling, healthy, and elegant--the Victorian theme carried through to the settings--without being stuffy. Other guests joined us around the big table--one couple were repeat visitors--and the community feel, even though we were strangers, speaks to Faith's hospitality. We will come again.

Room Tip: If you have a smoker, ask for the first floor room--there is an attached porch where the smoker can...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MadMadameRiz
Reviewed July 17, 2013

From the first time I contacted Faith at the King George Inn, until we checked out, she was extremely helpful and accommodating. We are a family of 5 so we wanted to book the Family Suite. Faith was able to rearrange guests to get us the suite. As far as my research showed, this is the only inn in the area that doesn't charge for two separate rooms, but offers the affordable suite of two rooms, two baths, that was plenty of comfortable space for us. Upon arrival, Faith gave us the tour of the inn, complete with many rules. She is in charge and her rules guarantee a stay that respects the furnishings and Victorian traditions of the house. She is an interesting woman, who patrons should take the time to get to know. She will arrange dinner reservations and answer any questions you have about the area.
The house is beautiful and chock full of antiques. The highlight of the house is the amazing front door, a survivor of the Halifax explosion from the Lieutenant Governor's house.
Breakfast was delicious - pancakes, fruit preserves, fresh fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, muffins, fresh fruit, coffee and juice. Faith gave the children a lesson on Victorian table etiquette. It was a valuable experience for them, one we hope they will continue at future meals!
We look forward to returning someday. Thank you Faith!

Room Tip: Book the "family suite" if you have 2 or 3 children. Get to know Faith, the Inn keeper, a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank m0m23b0ys
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We have stayed at a few bed & breakfast inns and I can tell you this....this one is by far the worst we ever stayed in....Faith, the innkeeper, was on patrol! She chastised, made rules. We took her many times as being a rude person and from the moment we walked in the door it was a explanation of her rules and regulations....and what idiots some of her other guests had been....which was none of our business and should have been kept confidential.
We stayed 3 days 4 nights....the breakfast was the same every day....pancakes!!! of course, you got the usual muffins, juice, granola cereal, coffee, tea and homemade jam...but, I can get that as a continental breakfast at most motels/hotels. In fact, the 3rd morning we got cold pancakes!
The room we initially wanted she gave to someone else but, she did "upgrade" us to a better room....although the bathroom was so small that my husband ( a big man) could hardly move in the shower. We were afraid to touch anything....being afraid we would get reprimanded.
as far as the inn itself it was very clean, decorated well, and is a great location to wonderful Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia.....but I can tell you this....I will be staying at the Queen Ann's the next time. It was only a $30 dollar difference and I heard their breakfasts are great!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple