“WHAT A FANTASTIC PLACE TO STAY”
Review of King George Inn

and 1 more site!
King George Inn
Ranked #14 of 19 Annapolis Royal B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 9, 2011

This was a wonderful, wonderful Inn with a welcoming and helpful hostess in Faith. She anticipated our every question and provided a fantastic and stunning experience. The healthy breakfast was a bonus but we were able to tour all but one of the rooms and each had it's own signature and charm...all designed and decorated by the Inn Keeper, Faith. ABSOLUTELY A DELIGHT!!!!! I have heard that two couples travelling together had stayed there and were less excited by this. If you the least bit grumpy, this isn't the place for you. Enjoy, relax and be prepared to be spoiled!!

Safe travels....

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 4, 2011

Although this place has a charm in the decor it is a bit spooky and the owner specifically told me she prepared me gluten free pancakes which were not gluten free as I found out when I was vomiting all day on a very long drive north. I have Coeliac's Disease and told her before I arrived. I told her about being sick and she told me she had a cook helping her who was to blame! Stories do not stack up!

Lock your door!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank LWBE
Reviewed July 28, 2011

When you get there just stand in the doorway. DO NOT touch anything for fear of your head getting ripped off. She will show you to your room give you a list of rules( the chest is for your luggage not the bed, keep this door closed at all times and dear god don't let your childred move at over .2 km an hour.) The rooms make you feel like you stepped into a time warp but the beds were good! The next morning prepare yourself for another list of rules ( pour juice over this tray! Put your garbage in this bowl! Don't you dare put your knife flat on the table.) the breakfast will be extreamly healthy then you will check out but not before you " hug and cry goodbye" oh, one more thing: SHE HATES KIDS!!!

• Stayed: June 2011
6  Thank pwnpig13
Reviewed July 26, 2011

The King George was just what the doctor ordered for our first trip to Nova Scotia! We spent a few days in the hustle and bustle of Halifax and the two days we spent here were perfectly relaxing and much needed. Proprietor Faith is very attentive, cordial and made us feel right at home in a casual and comfortable setting. She gave great recommendations to local area attractions - even including a little coupon book...very thoughtful. Four thumbs up for this B&B!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I want to preface this review by saying the accommodations were fabulous. Everything was thought of----right down to flashlight, wine glasses, cork screw, shampoo etc, etc. The funishings were beautiful and comfortable. Everything was from the time period and authentic.

But then it had to be run by Faith!!!!! As was stated in other reviews--she was watching from the front door and knew we missed the inn a couple of times when arriving. Obviously she knew every car in the area because she knew ours was not local. She knew every move we made while we were there.

From the minute we walked in she ordered us about. We were told where to sit as we waited to be led into the dining room for breakfast--by her. The dining room consisted of two tables. We could have seated ourselves. I guess this was so she could control everything. We were told exactly "how" to eat--including placement of knife and where to put the wrapper of our stale, "healthy" muffin. We were not allowed to touch anything or interrupt as she gave these directions. She made sure we knew not to butter our pancakes with the butter knife. Wow!!!

As someone in another review stated--she watched every move we made. It was like Big Brother. As we were given the tour of the inn we were not allowed to ask questions. It was like she had a script and if we interrupted she would forget where she was. I commented on a flickering light and she snapped--it's suppose to be like that!!!!! She made sure we knew how to work the water cooler but stressed over and over that the tap water in the bathroom was fine. When she spotted us going for water in the cooler she again snapped in a nasty voice--the water in the tap not good enough for you!!!!

Later in the day we were wondering where to go for dinner. She told me she had all the menus and pointed them out on a stool in the parlor. I started to reach for one and she demanded I sit down so she could go over them with me. I said---I will just look through them myself. She again ordered--SIT DOWN and I will go through them WITH you. Well this didn't happen. Later as we were headed out to dinner she approached us from her room, where I would swear she had her surveilance equipment set up, and said--I think I have offended you and I am sorry. We simply stated it was okay and wanted to leave it alone. All we wanted was to get this experience from hell over with. She insisted we tell her how she offended us and my friend said--we find you a bit controlling. She then went on a rant about how she had to do everything herself and speak French and all she had was a housekeeper. Oh well, I think--if it is that stressful get out of the business.

We went out to dinner at Bistro East and were treated wonderfully well and had a fabulous meal and attended an excellent production at the local theatre. Unfortunately we had to return to the Natzi sitting waited for us with her yapping dog. During breakfast the next morning, she told two other guests to remember the tradition of an 18th century house was that you greet people with a handshake when they arrive and hug when they leave. I almost vomited!!! Then we asked where the local market was and she said--right by where you parked last night to go to the theatre. I know my eyes rolled back in my head at that point. I think she saw that and immediately came back with--the only reason I know that is because my daughter saw you and told me. Why in heavens name did she or her daughter even care!!!! When we came down the stairs with our bags the next moring, she yells--trying to sneak out without saying goodbye? I kept going because at that point I didn't trust myself. My poor friend had more luggage and was caught and had to endure the one sided hug. We talked to a local later and told her where we stayed and she said--oh the Natzi!!!! Our stomachs were in knots from the whole experience and if I had to sleep on a park bench, I would rather that ever darken that door again!!!!! Horrible experience!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
14  Thank Kimonovan
Reviewed July 20, 2011

The King George Inn is a beautiful house in a good location in Annapolis Royal. It is run by a very pleasant woman, Faith; she has a few rules that must be followed, but she really insures that her guests have a good experience. She arranged a whale watching tour for us that was one of the highlights of our trip. Breakfasts were delightful, as was the conversation with our host!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We really were made to feel at home in this lovely Victorian sea captain’s home from the moment we arrived. Faith’s warm welcoming smile greeted us upon our arrival at the King George Inn and each time we returned from an outing. The Inn is furnished in comfortable antiques so each time we crossed the threshold it felt like a walk back in time complimented by Faith’s warm and accommodating nature. I think it would have been impossible for Faith to have been a more helpful or gracious hostess. When she discovered that my husband and I were celebrating out anniversary we returned “home” to discover balloons and a lovely surprise awaiting us in our room. The back lawn is cool and pleasant which invites an afternoon glass of wine and pleasant conversation. The Inn is situated within easy walking distance to the town center of Annapolis Royal and Faith is happy to make dinner reservations or to alert you of interesting activities which you may enjoy participating. For those who enjoy immersing themselves in history, a visit to Fort Anne and the evening graveyard tour is a must!! We definitely will return.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple