“lovely atmosphere matched by the food”

Cafe Restaurant Compose
Cuisines: Austrian, Seafood, European, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Restaurant Composé is an authentic Austrian Restaurant. We offer a range of traditional Austrian Food. Furthermore our professional Chefs create extraorinary seafood-dishes with the "Special european Touch" Amazing waterview and excellent Service grant an unforgettable experience for you!
Ontario, Canada
“lovely atmosphere matched by the food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

We had a recommendation for Cafe Compose and were not disappointed. First of all the view and atmosphere are wonderful. We were shown a table inside the restaurant but I would have liked to try dining on the patio on the sheltered corner section. The views of the river and across the basin from inside the restaurant and outside on the patio are lovely. The food was very good. I found my schnitzel (schnitzel is a house speciality) too rich with the parmesan crust but it was certainly delicious. I would order one of the other schnitzel dishes another time. The vegetables were perfect. My company ordered the haddock and it was done perfectly and delicious. We both had the spinach salad to start which was really tasty and therefore we did not have room to try the great looking desserts.I would certainly recommend this restaurant highly.

• Visited July 2014

Bucharest
“mostly great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

The atmosphere is terrific. We sat outside looking at the bay of fundy as the sun set. The lobster risotto was superb. The coconut cream soup was too sweet to the point we could not finish it. I loved the big scallops but my wife was not a fan. The service was excellent. We had a very relaxing evening and very much enjoyed ourselves.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Lovely View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Annapolis Royal kind of rolls up the sidewalk early so plan to eat on the early side and make a reservation here since it is not a big place. Only gripe was that my husband had mussels and wanted extra bread for broth and there was an extra charge. We shared the Linzter Cake, which I recommend but it was served a tad cold. (I make Linzer tarts at Christmas and am hyper critical.) The filling was delicious though.

Dartmouth, Canada
“An evening meal to remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

We arrived a little early and had to take a walk about and sit for a little while as the restaurant closes after lunch at 2:30 pm. All meals are prepared in owner's on site personal kitchen with taste that is joy to behold. They have a new outside padio that overlooks the boadwalk along the wates of the Minas Basin ... which btw has the highest tides in world ... What an experience great food and the beauty of Annapolis Royal all at a very reasonable price

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank sailordavid
“Delicious meal sitting outside by the river”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

The setting is lovely sitting outside watching the river go by. I had a fish dinner and it was very good. The waitress recommended I try the spaetzle with it and I was not disappointed. I wasn't as impressed with the strudel as it tasted like it had been over-warmed in the microwave.