“Absolutely fine”
Review of Roselawn Lodging

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wolfville
Roselawn Lodging
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wolfville
Stockton-on-Tees
“Absolutely fine”
Reviewed May 30, 2007

A friend and I stayed here for one night last week. The room was basic (only one pillow per person) but it was very clean and quite comfortable. There is a pool and tennis court so is a good place for families. There are rooms rented out on a long term basis to students so it probably can get noisy sometimes but it was very peaceful when we were there. The reception staff were very pleasant.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — only one pillow per person
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Scotland
Reviewed April 28, 2007

We stayed here for one night in September last year and it is only because we are planning to return to Canada that my memory about how bad this was has been jogged. I think I might have blocked it out. We arrived in Wolfville NS at around 8pm on a Sunday night during what I think was a music festival. There were NO rooms and we had driven all the way from Annapolis Royal because the guidebook said Wolfville was worth a look. In our desperation we booked in here because it looked okay from the outside. This was a mistake. Always ask to see the room!! For $100CAN we were given a two-bed cottage. I wondered why as there were only two of us but they said this was the only cabin they had available. From the burst screen door to the scary refridgerator with the brown drippy stuff (always nice in a hotel) this was absolutely FILTHY. The bathroom was clean which is the only reason I agreed to stay but if we hadn't been knackered and it hadn't been dark I'd I've been gone. The adjoining cabin (the door to which wasn't locked) was empty (it was a one-bed, I guess they just fancied skinning us for a two bed and kitchenette ). The next cabin down from us had a bunch of folk screaming at one another loud enough to be heard in the street and they had a large dog in there as well. This seemed to me to be the sort of place where an alcoholic private eye would live in a movie. The application of a liberal amount of wine helped us actually work up the courage to spend the night there, although we did pile up all the furniture apart from the bed we were in behind the entrances in case the screamers next door got any rowdier. The following day when replacing said furniture to save the maid the hassle I discovered pubic hair, biscuit crumbs and god-knows-all- what in the next room and stayed outside in the car while my husband showered. My dry heaves were putting him off I think. Avoid avoid avoid. Yeech.

• Liked — reasonably handy location, people at the front desk were pleasant.
  • Disliked — Disgustingly filthy.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
5 Thank LittleBurdy
novascotiaforever, New Owner at Roselawn Lodging, responded to this review, April 22, 2009
As of August 2008 Roselawn Lodging has been under new ownership and has therefore undergone numerous upgrades and renovations. We would appreciate having the opportunity to share these changes with previous guests that may have had less than desirable experiences in the past. We take your comments sincerely and hope that we can use them to make further improvements to our establishment. Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wolfville
Old Orchard Inn & Spa
Micro Boutique Living Wolfville
The Stella Rose B&B
The Stella Rose B&B
#1 of 10 in Wolfville

Been to Roselawn Lodging? Share your experiences!