“A Real Gem”
Review of Luckett Vineyards

Luckett Vineyards
Ranked #1 of 25 things to do in Wolfville
More attraction details
Owner description: Crisp maritime breezes, legendary ocean tides and brilliant sunshine meet to create an outstanding terroir on a hillside overlooking the magnificent Gaspereau Valley. Here, Luckett Vineyards captures the magic of Nova Scotia's distinctive character through wines that truly are worth phoning home about. We're open from May to October, and it's never too early to start planning your visit. Stop in and try our exciting new Buried Red, Phone Box White, Rosetta Rose, along with award-winning favourites including L'Acadie, Tidal Bay, as well as delightful wines made from locally grown fruit.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We live in the Annapolis Valley, but had never taken the time to visit Luckett's Vineyard. Boy, what a loss on our part.

This weekend, we took my mother in law out for a Sunday drive through the Valley and stopped into Luckett's for a mid day lunch. It truly made the day for us. Everything from the well landscaped entrance/driveway to the million dollar view, to a warm greeting to the outdoor dining area by owner, Pete Luckett.

One could easily spend a few hours on the property browsing the vineyard, taking photos of the British telephone booth with the view of Blomidon on the far side of the Minas Basin, and shopping in the winery for preserves and wines.

As for the the food and service, both are top notch. Our server was extremely informative about their wine and had a energetic friendliness about him that made you want to sit and talk with him and ask him more questions. The menu offers nice choices for those that want a full meal or those that want a nice soup and salad for a mid day break.

If you are in Annapolis Valley in Summer or Fall, this winery is a must to visit to browse, take photos, and have a nice meal. I will definitely be dropping by more often now that I've been here.

2  Thank Rebel-NS
LuckettVineyards, Events Coordinator at Luckett Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

We often forget what is in our own backyard! We are very glad you got to experience our piece of paradise here and hope you get a chance to visit the other wineries in our region too! You can make a whole day, or even weekend of wine tastings!
We appreciate you sharing your adventure and for your kind words!

Look forward to seeing you again!

There are newer reviews for Luckett Vineyards

Reviewed October 12, 2013

My wife and I visited Luckett Vineyards this Thanksgiving Weekend and had a fantastic time. The drive between Halifax and Wolfville during October is marvelous with all the changing colours on the trees mixed with the rolling hills while entering the Valley.

It was our first time visiting this winery and although by outward appearance may seem small in stature, it stands Huge in Hospitality, Ambiance, and Charm. From the moment we drove up the road to view an immaculate manicured vineyard and then being greated by none other than Pete Luckett himself as we walked through the front entrance, we knew we were in for something special. Pete gave us a very warm welcome into the winery and we began our visit with a tasting provided by the guidance of Roger, our personal sommelier. With a smile, and quick wit Roger led us through a tasting for 5 of Luckett's top sellers and most popular varieties. We most enjoyed the 2011 L'Acadie & 2011 Phone Box Red, and recommend picking up a bottle & trying them. We also tried a desert wine 'Cordelia' is a blackberry port, just fantastic!

While visiting, I highly recommend eating lunch, the food is outstanding, I had 'The Churchill' Panini & my wife had the 'General Ted' salad, both were incredible. Our waitress Jennifer was fabulous and took great care of us, thanks! (inside joke-she'll know what it means if she reads this*)

I just want to say thank you Pete, you & your staff today were outstanding, what a fantastic day my wife and I had visiting your winery, thanks again! We will definitley be back next year.

This is a Premiere Destination for anyone visiting the Wolfville area, make the effort to drop into Luckett Vineyard, sample a few glasses of wine & enjoy the view, you will not be disappointed.

For a Small Venue, Luckett Vineyard Hits Well Above It's Weight!

1  Thank c m

This is certainly our favourite time of year!
Pete loves this winery and this is where you will often find him, keeping busy in the garden or behind the bar doing tastings!
We will certainly pass on your kind words to Roger and Jenn.

Can't wait to have you back again!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I recently had a tour of Luckett Vineyards and my experience exceeded my expectations. Not only were the views incredible, the food was some of the best. The menu options were tailored to fit both the experienced pallet and picky eaters. I was extremely impressed with the staff and how attentive they were to our needs. They went through each individual wine carefully, and chose wines that fit our tastes. They also took time to go through the menu with us and ensure our experience was memorable. The views were spectacular, as well. The vineyard is perched high on a hill overlooking all of Wolfville. Overall, our experience was relaxing, tasty, and everything I would want in a vineyard tour. The town of Wolfville is also very quaint and hosts a variety of local shops and restaurants for when the tour is complete. I would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting Nova Scotia as a must see attraction!

LuckettVineyards, Events Coordinator at Luckett Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you Michelle for your informative and great review!
We appreciate your kind words and are very happy to hear about your overall visit!
We LOVE Wolfville too and hope to see you back here again soon!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was NOT impressed with my visit to your vineyard on August 24, 2013. Had to wait in a lineup to ask some question and try some wine. I was finally given a sample of wine which I did not like and the gentleman had left his post and I could not find him to try something else. Finally a lady came over asked if she could help. I wanted to try some Ice wine and was told it was too expensive for samples. Then went to the cashier to get stamps for the NS Wine Festival and the cashier started talking to the gentleman behind me not even acknowledging that I was even there. Worst experience I have ever had, will NOT go back. NO recommendation from me either.

4  Thank macdonkd
LuckettVineyards, Events Coordinator at Luckett Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

We are sorry you didn't enjoy our visit, we are also sorry you didn't not enjoy your complimentary sample. We do sample icewine for our regular tasting fee, but do not give them out as free samples due to the cost associated with producing them. The lineups do get a bit overwhelming sometime due to our popularity and though we do our best to try and minimize the wait time, our volume of guests sometimes makes that impossible, which is why we will often offer complimentary wine during that time.
We are more than happy to stamp wine passports as we love the visitors that the passports bring, sometimes due to the amount of guests in the room, it does mean a bit a wait and we apologize that you experienced one.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I recently booked a group winery tout at the four wineries in the Wolfville area. The reception and service from booking to the visit from all wineries was exceptional except for Luckett's. In the beginning, Luckett's was the vinyard that we were most looking forward to visiting however I felt that the over the phone reception was luke warm and they were not very accommodating. The other three wineries expressed extreme pleasure to have our business and they got it. Luckett's didn't seem to care if they had our business or not. In the end, we didn't visit Luckett's.

2  Thank Tammy J
LuckettVineyards, Events Coordinator at Luckett Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Good Morning,

We are disappointed in hearing of the customer service you received when inquiring over the phone to our winery.
Unfortunately, we try our best to be as accommodating as possible for our guests, however our volume of business does not always allow for us to vary from our regular services.
We would love to have you visit our winery and hope that in the future you will give us a second chance, we have daily tours that run at 11am and 3pm and tastings are available anytime during business hours.