“The Very Best......”

The Stella Rose B&B
Ranked #1 of 10 Wolfville B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 24, 2013

On a recent 2 night visit to Wolfville N.S. we stayed at the Stell Rose B&B.What a delight it was.We came away completely satisfied with the accomodations and the very best breakfast we have ever had.Hosts Dan and Arlene are true ambassadors in the Bed & Breakfast industry.You won`t be disappointed.

Room Tip: All rooms are very privately spaced.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marilyn D
dan g, Owner at The Stella Rose B&B, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

It was a pleasure having you stay with us , we are pleased to have met you and look forward to your next visit to Wolfville and thank you for the nice recommendation, it's appreciated.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Last August 2012, my husband and I were in Wolfville. It was a time of mixed emotions as our oldest son was moving to the area. We did not stay at the Stella Rose but I had been immediately drawn to its outside appearance. We got our son settled and headed back to Ontario. In the months to follow I would often go online and read the reviews posted for The Stella Rose. I knew I would eventually get there but when?? Well we finally did arrive for our overnight stay on April 21st. We found Dan and Arlene to be funny, interesting, engaging, sincere, thorough, dedicated, talented and oh so kind! They allowed our son to join us for breakfast. It just solidified their dedication to so many things that including the importance of the family unit. I mention their human qualities because their inn is a true reflections of who they are. As a guest you will benefit and will definitely be eager to return! And yes, patience is a virtue and we were rewarded nicely with our stay at The Stella Rose.
Melinda

Room Tip: There are three rooms to choose from and each is equipped with an ensuite bath. As everyone has indi...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thanks so much --you're too kind. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we thoroughly enjoyed the visit and look forward to seeing you again.
Thanks again

Reviewed April 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent one night here in April on our way to hike Cape Split (which is a short a pleasant 25 minute drive away). It was the absolute PERFECT romantic weekend getaway! When we arrived, Dan and Arlene greeted us with smiles! We were also greeted with loads of treats and all the hot chocolate, tea, and coffee you could drink! We walked into town for a lovely dinner that evening and both Dan and Arlene were so helpful with where to go and what to see. The room (Four Poster) was gorgeous and comfortable! The modern bathroom with heated tile floors was such a treat. The large comfortable bed made for a great sleep, and the the fridge in our room kept our wine nice and cold! We had an amazing evening hot tub under the stars surrounded by twinkle lights on the deck, and had THE MOST AMAZING breakfast either of us have ever had in the morning! Fruit cups with whipped cream and toasted almonds, fresh juice, coffee, homemade jams and biscuits, and topped off with a delicious eggs benedict and hashbrowns! The Stella Rose is definitely the place to stay! You can't find better food, accommodation, or friendly faces! The price is so reasonable and so worth it! We'll definitely be back! Thanks Dan and Arlene for a wonderful time! From: Carly and Mike :)

Room Tip: The Four Poster room is great! Large comfortable bed, two recliner chairs, small fridge with water b...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
dan g, Owner at The Stella Rose B&B, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

We appreciate your in-depth review, thank you. It was nice that you were able to take a weekend away from your Dalhousie studies and it was our pleasure having you stay with us. Hope to see you again. Just for the record though Carly it was yogourt on the fruit !

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I am a first time reviewer even though I have been a faithful follower of Trip Advisor for many years. My daughter and I were travelling to the Annapolis Valley over the March Break, and we decided on The Stella Rose based on the positive reviews and they did not dissappoint. We stayed in the four-poster bedroom and the bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in. Attention to details like heated bathroom floors, white terry bathrobes, a warm fire in the fireplace, homemade cookies and a coffee/tea bar day and night made The Stella Rose feel like an inviting, cozy and tranquil home away from home. The breakfasts were delicious and plentiful and would keep you going all day until dinner time. The friendly owners, Arlene and Dan went out of their way to ensure all our needs were met and then some. We would highly recommend The Stella Rose and look forward to returning.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
dan g, Owner at The Stella Rose B&B, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments. It was a pleasure having you and your daughter stay with us and hope to see you again.
Thanks again.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I found them on tripadvisor, and once again, was impressed with its accuracy. Very nice rooms (I even had a small work area, which I wasnt looking for, but needed) My bathroom floor was heated - a great touch. The entire house was renovated to make it a top notch establishment.
I even enjoyed the Hot tub on the deck.
The exclamation point would be the friendly operators and the amazing hot breakfast!
I will be back and will recommend it to anyone visiting the area.

Room Tip: All rooms are different, so check on line or call to ensure you get one you want
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
dan g, Owner at The Stella Rose B&B, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to post your views and opinions about your stay with us on your recent business trip. Hopefully your next stay will be a pleasure trip and you will be able to take in some of the many wonders the valley has to offer. Thanks again and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

To get away from the winter blues and the normalcy of work, home, work etc...I decided it would be great to getaway from it all for a couple days and just 'chill'. I love the Annapolis Valley and Wolfville especially. The area is beautiful in every season and the people are warm and welcoming. I looked at several B & Bs in the area and chose The Stella Rose, who knew it was the best decision I ever made. My friend and I were greeted warmly as we entered the front door, showed to our rooms with enthusiasm. We both have special dietary needs and this proved to be no issue for Arlene took to the time to find out what was the best culinary choices for us. This leads me into the breakfasts. Wow...not only did they taste great, the presentation was awesome. Everything was done in a timely matter as well as allowing us to come to breakfast when we were ready (reasonable time for them as well so not to take them off schedule was my concern). I certainly felt at home there, and KoKo their adorable dog very much enjoyed the attention from a stranger. I highly recommend to anyone looking for clean rooms, warm and quiet atmosphere, delightful and relaxing hot tub (I didn't get a chance but the jacuzzi was awesome in the terrace room), and to top it off with a fantastic breakfast...you must stay with Dan and Arlene !! I plan to return even if just for a visit. I know where I will be able to rejuvenate the soul.

Room Tip: this Terrace room was quiet and beautiful...with a deck and jacuzzi.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to spend your weekend away with us. It was no trouble accommodating your special dietary needs. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will drop in again.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

For anyone travelling in Wolfville, whether for work or fun should highly consider staying at The Stella Rose. Dan and Arlene are the perfect example of prestige hosts, offering time and dedication to everything between check-in and check-out. I will definitely be back for an extended stay and I'm hoping others will follow suit.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you , it was our pleasure, having you stay with us on your business trip, even as brief as it was . Hopefully you will see your way clear to come and spend a couple of leisure days in the valley in the near future .
Thanks again for the recommendation and hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wolfville
Old Orchard Inn & Spa
Super 8 Windsor NS
Super 8 Windsor NS
#1 of 2 in Windsor
Gaspereau Valley Bed & Breakfast

Been to The Stella Rose B&B? Share your experiences!