“Marvelous little place and terrific hosts”

The Stella Rose B&B
Ranked #1 of 10 Wolfville B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 16, 2012

A little late in our review, but we spent a few days at the Stella Rose in Wolfville during the Roots Music Festival in September and e certainly can't say enough good things about it. Situated right close to Acadia University and close to the downtown hub, it was in a perfect location. The rooms were immaculate and extremely cozy and our hosts, Arlene and Don could not have ever been most hospitable. The breakfasts were truly inspiring too and after a day in the rain, the hot tub outside sure felt good. You've done a great job you two!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
dan g, Owner at The Stella Rose B&B, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

It's never too late for such a nice review - thanks very much . It was our pleasure making your stay as comfortable as possible. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to Nova Scotia and PEI--however, hopefully you will make it back here again and especially to The Stella Rose.
Thanks again for taking the time to post your views-we appreciate it.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Being from the Valley I like to go home to visit family a few times a year. Now that I have found "The Stella Rose" I have a place to stay during my visits and am looking forward to my May visit. The room, the atmosphere and the food were all special. Dan and Arlene have achieved the perfect balance of professionalism and warmth. The house is lovely and I was comfortable being there on my own. Meeting the other guests at breakfast was a delight. Thank you for sharing your warm and tasteful home!

Room Tip: My room had a den attached with a sofa bed. Perfect for a family or girls getaway.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
dan g, Owner at The Stella Rose B&B, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Thank you for that--it was our pleasure helping you feel at home while visiting The Stella Rose.
We are also happy that you " found a new home in the valley" and we look forward to seeing on visit # 2 next May. Best wishes.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

My husband & I spent 3 nights here; as he had orientation at Acadia University - which is just a short walk away on Main St. This is such a cozy, beautifully renovated, spotlessly clean home where you will be served the most wonderful breakfasts!! Dan & Arlene are very warm, welcoming, and accommodating. You will be sure to love it and want to return soon. I actually asked if I could please stay!

Room Tip: We had our dog with us, so enjoyed having the extra space of the suite with the separate sitting roo...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
dan g, Owner at The Stella Rose B&B, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Thanks for the kind remarks--it was a pleasure having you stay with us for those 3 days and we hope that we will see you again, before convocation in 3 years ! !
All the best

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Great rooms, clean well designed bathrooms, friendly owners who also respect privacy. Very convenient to walk along the main street, explore the tidal bay or visit a student at Acadia. We did all three. Breakfast was healthy and imaginative.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

--We appreciate you taking the time to post your views of your recent stay with us.
Thank you !

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My wife and I visited the Bay of Fundy/Annapolis Valley area in September 2012, and to our great good fortune, we chose Stella Rose for our time in Wolfville. The house and rooms are beautiful. The paint, trim, bathrooms, walls, etc. are virtually new, as the house has undergone extensive renovation, cosmetic and structural (mostly by Dan). And the breakfasts, from the yogurt and fruit concoction served in glass stemware, to the artisan sausage, to the Eggs Benedict, are well, "Stellar". This all took place in the very relaxed setting that Dan and Arlelene provide (my wife and I suffer from chronic informality, and prefer a laid back atmosphere). All kidding aside though, if you're coming to Wolfville, I'm sure you could manage to pay more, or or find a place with a starchier ambiance, but I doubt you'll find better accomodation than Stella Rose. Can't say enough.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
dan g, Owner at The Stella Rose B&B, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Thanks for the great account of your visit to Wolfville.
We are gratified that you found our choice of style & decor pleasing , providing a non-commercial casual atmosphere --mission accomplished !
We feel the breakfast should be a key component of ones stay-- we are happy that you enjoyed our varied selections at our bed &" Breakfast".
Thanks again for your comments & for taking the time to share your thoughts. Hopefully you will make it to the valley again in the not too distant future and will consider a return to The Stella Rose B&B--your always welcome.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Dan and Arlene are amazing hosts! They greeted me earlier than their check in time as I arrived from Bridgewater earlier than expected! The B&B is beautiful and well kept. I loved my room - complete with my own bedroom, separate seating-TV room and bathroom! They made me feel at home.

Breakfast was to die for! Most B&Bs I have stayed in in the past had continental breakfasts, however our breakfast was served with a starter of a yogurt parfait (yum!) followed by a eggs ham and goodness!

I highly recommend a stay with this charming couple! The way they treated this Acadia alum makes me feel like they have been Nova Scotianers for life!

See you again soon!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Thelittleredbutton

Thanks for choosing to stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed our Sunset Suite . You mentioned the breakfast-- It was our pleasure.
We enjoyed the visit and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Upon our arrival, Dan showed us our room, showed us around the house, and made us feel very welcome. Coming home after dinner, we spent a short time in the outdoor hot tub, which was very pleasant and relaxing.

The room was very cozy and clean, and the meal the next morning was incredible, with Arlene and Dan describing every part of the breakfast as it was brought to us.

Very accommodating, very friendly; we would definitely come again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
dan g, Owner at The Stella Rose B&B, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thanks for posting your views of your recent stay with us--it was our pleasure. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay & we hope that you would find your way back for a second visit in the not too distant future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wolfville
Old Orchard Inn & Spa
Super 8 Windsor NS
Super 8 Windsor NS
#1 of 2 in Windsor
Gaspereau Valley Bed & Breakfast

Been to The Stella Rose B&B? Share your experiences!