“Great little spot”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Limited menu, but everything is delicious! Huge selection of beer and spirits, all served by very friendly staff. One of the cosiest spots in the Valley. Bring a flashlight (seriously) if you want to order from the menu in the evening. Overall, a very enjoyable place.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

When we first arrived we were very surprised with how small the space was. There were three other dining parties and we were happy to be able to get a table. We were expecting traditional pub food, and this was not the case.

The menu is quite healthy and they do not fry foods. Certainly not a bad thing, good to be aware of if you want pub food though. We had nachos and a Cesar salad to start. The nachos were a good size with fresh veggies and lots of cheese. The salad was good but a small portion for $9. We had a chicken sandwich which was tasty but served cold, and a club sandwich which was also quite tasty however the tomato orange soup that accompanied it was lacking in taste and had an unappealing chunky taste.

Overall, it wasn't bad but wasn't great either. If you are going for drinks and a good conversation this has the perfect atmosphere.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

When I first entered pub, I felt lucky I had a table as the place was full. The server brought my menu and first drink very quickly so I was pleased. That was all that I could expect from her. She didn't bring any cutlery or napkins, never said thank you, never asked how my food was and never asked if I needed anything else to drink and anytime she came to the table she gave me no time to ask for anything as she was acting very rushed. I practically had to yell after her that I needed something else to drink and napkins. oh yes! To be fair she did offer pepper. I felt totally disrespected by her. She didn't say thanks when I left and the tip reflected her snotty attitude. To the owner- your food is great but find better help, someone who. Will treat unaccompanied women the same you would anyone else (maybe she treats everyone with the same bad attitude. She is the server about mid twenties w long hairin a ponytail.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We haven't eaten here yet, but we've stopped by a few times for drinks. The latest was yesterday :) The music was a little loud, and the very helpful waitperson turned it down for us, which was much appreciated. She really knew her wines and made me a mean Singapore Sling! Excellent service and the drinks were very good. I like the warm, panelled surroundings of the back room (we've also been upstairs which is cosy and nice). Most of the seating is counter height (which I don't like) but we got a normal height table in the back room. I look forward to having a meal here.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were lucky to hit a Thursday night with live music in the upstairs area of the pub. Acadia was just ramping up so the place was buzzing with anticipation for a new academic year. I enjoyed the Tuna Melt - it has a bit of heat with it making it a new experience for tuna melts. I washed it down with a new hard apple cider recommended by the wait staff. Always a consistent choice for food and people watching!