“very nice food-nothing deep fried.”
Review of The Library Pub

The Library Pub
Ranked #7 of 36 Restaurants in Wolfville
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Halifax, Canada
“very nice food-nothing deep fried.”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

When I first entered pub, I felt lucky I had a table as the place was full. The server brought my menu and first drink very quickly so I was pleased. That was all that I could expect from her. She didn't bring any cutlery or napkins, never said thank you, never asked how my food was and never asked if I needed anything else to drink and anytime she came to the table she gave me no time to ask for anything as she was acting very rushed. I practically had to yell after her that I needed something else to drink and napkins. oh yes! To be fair she did offer pepper. I felt totally disrespected by her. She didn't say thanks when I left and the tip reflected her snotty attitude. To the owner- your food is great but find better help, someone who. Will treat unaccompanied women the same you would anyone else (maybe she treats everyone with the same bad attitude. She is the server about mid twenties w long hairin a ponytail.

• Visited September 2012

Lunenburg, Canada
“A great place for drinks -- very friendly!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We haven't eaten here yet, but we've stopped by a few times for drinks. The latest was yesterday :) The music was a little loud, and the very helpful waitperson turned it down for us, which was much appreciated. She really knew her wines and made me a mean Singapore Sling! Excellent service and the drinks were very good. I like the warm, panelled surroundings of the back room (we've also been upstairs which is cosy and nice). Most of the seating is counter height (which I don't like) but we got a normal height table in the back room. I look forward to having a meal here.

• Visited September 2012
Halifax, Canada
“An evening of dining and music”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were lucky to hit a Thursday night with live music in the upstairs area of the pub. Acadia was just ramping up so the place was buzzing with anticipation for a new academic year. I enjoyed the Tuna Melt - it has a bit of heat with it making it a new experience for tuna melts. I washed it down with a new hard apple cider recommended by the wait staff. Always a consistent choice for food and people watching!

Visited August 2012
Halifax, NS
“Gem of a restaurant”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

we stopped in for a quick bite and drink and were suitably impressed by the server's knowledge, the atmosphere and the food. I can't even remember the food we had there for a snack but I left feeling like I had to go back. Delicious and fast. enjoyed this a lot.

• Visited July 2012
“Reality check”
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

We went to the library pub for lunch. BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!! We ended up waiting a hour for our food othrper tables got up and left because the wait was so long. The food was just okay. The wTress was friendly but avoided I contact during the long wait. She finally explained that the kitchen manager had quit the noting they should had notified us befor sitting down or offered a discount. I recommend the Subway across the steet