“Consistently 5 Star quality”
Review of Blomidon Inn

Blomidon Inn
Ranked #4 of 10 Wolfville B&B and Inns
Halifax, Nova Scotia
“Consistently 5 Star quality”
Reviewed October 3, 2010

This is the 5th time or so my husband and I have stayed at the Blomidon Inn. We've stayed at numerous other inns and hotels in our many travels, but nothing compares to the 5 Star treatment and quality we receive at the Blomidon. We go there to unwind and relax and when we need to be pampered with excellent service, elegant surroundings, and the best food in Canada. (The wine selection is wonderful too.)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KLayChang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Elmore, OH
Reviewed September 13, 2010

We stayed here one night while on tour and this home is wonderful. It was a former mansion owned by a sea captain and it is stunning inside. The rooms are spacious and beds comfortable. We had a dinner here that was outstanding. Salmon cooked to perfection with a choice of nice wines. We would certainly recommend this Inn for a stay while you investigate the area. The only downside for me personally was the lack of adequate lighting in the bathroom over the mirror. Very difficult to see if you have glasses! Also the room air-conditioning unit was very loud and distracted from the stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2010

Wonderful atmosphere to relax and unwind. The staff are extremely helpful. We usually reserve a cottage as we prefer the larger space (and bathtubs!). We had a chuckle over a recent reviewer that complained about the coffee, as it is so good it's actually one of the reasons we and many others go there! I can only assume they happened to catch a rare bad batch or ordered decaf, as the regular "Blomidon Blend" coffee is fantastic. The food when prepared by chef Greg Lacey is amazing, with the Captain's Dinners a very good deal. Michael is usually there to greet you and is exceptionally helpful, as are the rest of the staff (thanks Allan for the great scotch & wine pairing recommendations!)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 2, 2010

I did not stay at the Blomidon, but I did look at a room. Stepping back in time might be amusing for some travellers, but for those looking for freshness and style, this isn't the place. As my partner put it - "the scene of the crime". Decor is confused and very very dated, and the room was dark, worn and not at all attractive. I've ranked it as average as Wolfville is in a rural area, and so accomodations are not at a luxury standard. I would recommend the pretty Old Lantern Inn hands down as the place to stay instead. Wolfville is lovely and charming with great restaurants and certainly worth a stop over. I have eaten at the Blomidon several times, and would recommend the Tempest, Le Caveau or the Port Pub (in Port Williams) instead. This Inn has a lot of potential, and with a serious revamp and upgrade, could be an amazing place. Just not now.

• Stayed August 2010
Winnipeg
Reviewed August 15, 2010

My husband and I spent one night at the Blomidon Inn. The check-in staff were very friendly and expedient. Our room was gorgeous with a large, very tall 4 poster bed. We stayed in the Cornwallis room. If you are used to getting up to use the bathroom at night: beware! You really need the steps to get out of bed. My husband nearly knocked himself out doing this. We took advantage of the stay and eat plan where you enjoyed the 4 course captain's dinner. The menu for this option was quite limited. The serving staff in the dining room are very young and quite inexperienced. They took my husband's plate away while I was still eating. They placed our champagne (it was my birthday dinner) in the center of the room and then were tardy in filling up our glasses. The food was simple, but very tasty. If you can have something that has been smoked in their "in house" smokehouse, go for that option. A big plus for staying at this resort is the garden surrounding the hotel. Somebody is very passionate about gardening. You are really missing out on the whole experience if you don't take the time for a garden stroll while you are here. A stop at the gift shop is a must! I could have done all my Christmas shopping in one spot, if I'd had the time. The overall experience was very positive and I would recommend this spot for a gorgeous romantic getaway.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Inn is beautiful but our room was small, there was not enough space for luggage. We used a chair for one and bathtub for the second. Not much water pressure. Meals were good, we had captain's dinner and the breakfast. Worst coffee ever and had to walk down the street for Tim's. Close to the dykes for great running trails. Short walk to other restaurants and stores.

• Stayed August 2010
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed January 18, 2010

I was always curious about the Blomidon Inn after years of driving past when in Wolfville. Had my first opportunity to stay there last week and it was what I imagined. Pleasant Victorian era building with smallish rooms and chintz decor and very nice public areas. For a business traveler the room was a bit small and the desk as well but for one night it was just fine. The breakfast was good, the staff pleasant so no complaints.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business