“A lovely stay.”
Review of Blomidon Inn

Blomidon Inn
Ranked #5 of 10 Wolfville B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I visited the Blomidon Inn on a work trip for one evening. Myself and my co-worker arrived to a friendly greeting by the manager (he even knew our names!) and were informed that we had been upgraded to superior rooms even though we just booked "regular" rooms. He asked if we needed a dinner reservation or anything else. I was having a bit of trouble with the lock on my door and two employees rushed to help me right away and got me a new key.

I stayed in the "Cape Split" room and it was absolutely gorgeous. It was themed perfectly with the Victorian style of the inn, but it didn't have a "creepy" vibe that many old rooms can have. It was equipped with a beautiful four-post bed, a large flat screen TV and a jacuzzi tub! Everything was pristine.

We ate dessert at the restaurant later in the evening and it was delicious. They also arranged to serve breakfast earlier than normal because we had a place to be.

So thrilled with my experience at this Inn and I will hopefully be returning soon!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Madison T
There are newer reviews for Blomidon Inn

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

A week-end business meeting for my spouse, but a get-away relaxing week-end for me. This Inn, is not large, so it is very cosy. The rooms are beautifully and efficiently decorated. Ideally located in the town of Wolfville and walking distance to many attractions, including Acadia University. Staff are very friendly and welcoming and went out of their way to ensure guests were comfortable. On site dinning room serves some of the most delish meals I've tasted. Continental breakfast had enough to give you a healthy start to your day with fruit, yogurt, juices, cereals, pastries. Lounging areas are well decorated and comfortable....nice touches. On site parking. No elevator, so you had to take the stairs as there are no rooms to stay in on the main floor. Lots of seating areas to relax and read. On the first floor there was a bookcase with modern novels, recent magazines, and old masterpieces. There is also a computer for guests to use and complimentary WIFI. The WIFI signal in both the individual rooms and the public areas was strong. In the rooms was a TV, table, chairs, comfy bed and full bath with toiletries and hair dryer. No mini fridge.
It was such a nice place that I am looking forward to my next stay there.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank avilacanada
Reviewed March 10, 2014

whenever we are in Wolfville we choose the Blomidon Inn (been coming here since 1999), good location, old style charm, Four poster beds and good service, and I am sure Micheal does everything from answer the phone, to take your order and maybe even clean the place he is everywhere and does a fabulous job,
Continental breakfast is included and is fresh and with good choioces lots of car parking and you can walk into town, plus the prices are good for this area which can be a little high due to the area/Acadia uni etc driving up prices.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have stayed twice at Blomidon Inn. August 2013( family of 4) - when mother in law died. Staff was amazing - accommodated many change requests for meals and rooms as our family situation changed. We were able to use one of lounge areas till almost 2am to plan funeral and make arrangements. Staff provided kleenex, brought wine, offered snacks.
The rooms amazing- renovated, more than century old house but modern touches that didn't detract from the old.
Great meal for 14 - nothing but amazing to say about staff.
Back again November 2013 with 1 daughter . Christmas trees - real of course, being put up throughout Inn. Tea and cookies in afternoon. And we were able to stay in same room as in August.
A true gem in the Valley.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Wonderful Inn in gorgeous Wolfville N.S.

Wife and I stayed here for three nights in September '13 and it was the perfect location for us to visit wineries, delicious restaurants, browse farmers markets and overall have a relaxing weekend.

Has the feel of an old-timey inn - there is no elevator, traditional check in counter and high-tea served daily. Be prepared for a more traditional experience when staying here, but if its what you are expecting that you will very much appreciate it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2013

First the inn is quite lovely in décor and the location is walking distance to the town. However we found the overall experience very unwelcoming. The staff were unfriendly and we felt ignored. The noise from the restaurant was quite loud to quite late in the evening ( 1am on Sat. night). the primary focus of the inn appears to be the restaurant and not the guests. Will not return and will not recommend to others.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sherry52_10
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Arriving on a rainy November day, this impressive looking, mansard-roofed mansion just outside of the central business area was immediately inviting. I looked at two rooms before deciding on another that was somewhat smaller but was located in the original building. Called "Gaspereau", it felt right. The walls are painted dark mushroom, the floors are hardwood and my spacious bathroom was surely an updated original with a lovely stained glass window, original pedestal basin and claw-foot tub and new shower stall. Comfortable bed, feather pillows, wide-screen TV, Egyptian cotton towels.

After exploring the town, which IMO is not really one of NS's most charming, I decided to eat at the inn. Started with a martini made with gin distilled on PEI (well done, bartender!) and had the braised lamb shank ($23) served with roasted beats, new potatoes and asparagus. All delicious and perfect comfort food for a rainy night. Service was polished and friendly. They also offer afternoon tea to guests with sweets to nibble and I had an absolutely delicious shortbread cookie.

Altogether, a very, very good deal at $98 with the CAA discount. Check my other reviews, I don't give "excellent" ratings very often.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo