Just got back from the Old Orchard Inn however this review is mainly directed towards the cabins. As all Cabins have some bugs, these cabins tend to have a bit more then others. after arriving, we discovered an huge pile of dead ants laying on the bed as if somebody had placed a tray of dead bugs there from last year and when we reported this..there were no apologies and we had to directly ask for another cabin that may have been recently cleaned. They did give us another cabin but instead of dead ants...we were busy, stomping and squashing ants all night long...the cabins are basic with just beds , phone , t.v and bathroom...nothing extra..no kitchenette, fridge or bbq...we didnt want to complain again as we didn't want to be a pain. We did leave the cabin to check out the pool but only to find what seemed to be a big ol spider at the bottom of it along with ALOT of broken tiles and debris floating around the bottom....it seemed a bit odd that they would have this as it advertises itself as a spa..but this explained the absence of swimmers. There was no pleasantries or anything when we checked out...just bye...I guess they were scared to ask how we enjoyed our stay as they knew what they had given us.
We did venture onto main st of this picturesque town which has a lovely market but i would not recommend eating at pronto's pizza as we witnessed the cook sneeze and blow and NOT wash his hands not to mention the place is really really dirty and run down....needless to say....if we were to HAVE to return, we would not stay at this hotel but might give one of those beautiful historic Inns a try instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort Property centrally located in the Beautiful Annapolis Valley surrounded by Orchards, Tides and Wineries. 100 well-appointed A/C rooms and FREE internet (mixture of Kings, Queens and Doubles with 2 barrier-free) and 29 seasonal cabins. Spectacular views. Dining room, lounge. indoor pool, hot tub, sauna, fitness room, sundeck, tennis; scenic walks. Full service Spa; business services; reception & conference facilities. Bay of Fundy Recommended Experience. 5 km to shopping, golf and major attractions like Grand Pre National Historic Park and Hall's Harbour fishing Village and world's highest tides. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Old Orchard Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Orchard Hotel Wolfville
- Old Orchard Inn And Spa
- Old Orchard Inn & Spa Wolfville, Nova Scotia