“Comfortable Inn”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wolfville
Blue Shutters Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 10 Wolfville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is more like a Guest House than an inn. This is a modern house, not a quaint, older place. But once we got past that, we enjoyed our 2 nights here immensely. The landscaping is beautiful. The house is a very short walk to the main street. There are only 3 bedrooms but they are large and very comfortable. Both breakfasts were delicious. Daryl was very helpful in giving us suggestions for restaurants. He mapped out our day for us to be sure we saw the best of Wolfville, which we all enjoyed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank laminva71

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed at Blue Shutters for one night but we would have loved to stay much longer! Darryl and Diana have thought of everything. Our room & bathroom was beautiful, large, bright and comfy. The breakfast choice was second to none. We picnic'd on the guest deck...in the guest kitchen were plates,cutlery, drinks for sale, use of the fridge/freezer and tea/coffee facilities. We took the short walk into Wolfville which is a really pleasant town. In the morning we shared the breakfast table with other travellers which only added to the wonderful homely atmosphere of Blue Shutters. We cannot recommend this wonderful B&B highly enough.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank anna-jim
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights in the course of a tour round Nova Scotia. We would very happily have stayed for much longer. I can only endorse the other comments on tripadvisor. The room was spacious with large bathroom; the bed comfortable, the breakfast cooked to order and ample. There was a fridge with cold drinks for sale, a guest deck at the back and quite a lot of wild life in the trees around.
Darryl and Diane are perfect hosts and the house is well positioned to walk round the town - which has a lot of restaurants to choose from.
The only negative comment I can think of - and this is not a criticism of the B&B itself - is that the last couple of dozen metres are a steep climb when walking back from a night out

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mart1et42
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I can't add to what others have said in praise of this great B&B. Darryl and Diane run a place that simply has no flaws. Stay here. Walk anywhere in Wolfville. Enjoy a good night's sleep and a wonderful breakfast and some good conversation with other travelers.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DavidLou
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I began and ended my trip to the Maritimes at the Blue Shutters. Of all the B&B's I stayed at in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and PEI, the Blue Shutters was my favourite, by far. Daryl and Diane have done everything right. The rooms are beautifully decorated, and contain everything you need for comfort and convenience. They are also spotless. I don't think I've ever been in such a clean house!! The breakfast options are amazing, and I loved chatting with Daryl and Diane while I ate each morning. They are lovely people, and live up to the friendly, welcoming reputation that Maritimers are famous for.

I will likely visit Wolfville many times over the coming years, as my son studies at Acadia, and I will definitely stay at The Blue Shutters every time. There's no point in looking anywhere else.

Room Tip: The Peach Room has a private deck, looking onto the garden, and is a really nice size. Lots of hot w...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Sheri D
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This B&B just adds to the reasons why I adore Wolfville. Situated very close to the town center, Blue Shutters is a relaxing home away from home. The owners are friendly and welcoming and pay exquisite attention to detail. The rooms are beautiful complete with en-suite bathroom and one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on. The breakfast - well, you have to see it for yourself! The choices are endless and I wanted to stay a few more days so I could try the Ginger Pancakes (next time)! I would highly recommend this B&B for your next stay in Wolfville!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Karin L
Reviewed October 17, 2012

B & Bs are our favorite places to stay during our travels. Not only are we supporting local economies, we find the service and 'homey' atmosphere in B & Bs hard to beat. And the Blue Shutters is no exception. We stayed there for two nights recently during the Deep Roots festival and found the Shutters a very conveniently located and restful 'home away from home'. We had the smallest of the three rooms and found it quite adequate for our needs. We also enjoyed the lovely living room where I could access the free WeFi. We are, however, already booked into one of the larger suites for next year's festival. I really liked how quite the area was and we both marveled over the choices on the breakfast menu. Most B & Bs offer one election, but Daryl and Diane offered several choices, all excellent. Great accommodations! Thanks guys!

Room Tip: Study the very good pictures on line to get the room that meets your space and amenities requirement...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple