“Five star dining”

Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Shelburne
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Charlotte Lane Cafe & Gift Shop.Best Small Restaurant in Nova Scotia Award from RANS 2013, Best Restaurant Chef Inspired Casual Dining by Taste of NS 2011, Best Restaurant outside of HRM by Chronical Herald. Follow the fabulous aromas down our quaint little lane in the historic district of Shelburne, Nova Scotia, step inside our heritage building and enjoy the warm hospitality and fine dining. Our restaurant offers innovative dishes and fine wines presented with attentive service in a cheerful setting. Since opening in 1995 we have attracted loyal and appreciative clients from near and far, and we invite you to join this happy circle.
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We had the pleasure to eat at the Charlotte Lane restaurant last week. If you plan on dining here, be sure to make reservations and the place fills up quickly. They have both indoor and outdoor dining. Our server was extremely helpful in choosing our dinners and the cod special was outstanding. The restaurant also offers a small gift shop in the front with local items. A definite recommendation!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I often find myself in Shelburne for work and whenever I do I try to be there around meal time so I can eat here.

There are plenty of menu options and everything I have tried to this point has been very tasty. The service is second to none and it offers a cozy and intimate environment to enjoy your meals in. They also have seating in there garden in the back if the weather cooperates which is lovely for enjoying your meal.

From a price perspective I would say it is a little pricey, but as my Father always said, "You get what you pay for." In this instance you balance a little pricey with a terrific meal and great service and the patron comes out on top.

If you ever find yourself in Shelburne at meal time and you have the need of good food don't bother looking anywhere else, this is the place to be.

1  Thank Jamie M
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We ate at Charlotte's Lane last evening and we were warned without a reservation, we likely would not get in. We tried anyway and although they were very busy, the hostess fit us in. It was delish!! would definitely go there again! A great meal.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

The food was good for the most part. Nice flavour to the chowder. Wasn't too heavy or too light.

I had the Pork Tenderloin Zurich Style as a main. Pork was tender and cooked well but found it, as I did the chowder, a little over seasoned (salt). That may just be me as I'm sensitive to salt. But good flavour overall as was the creamy demi-glace sauce. However, the rosti potato on my plate was a little too greasy for my liking.

The Peanut Butter Cream Pie was a disappointment. Sorry, folks, maybe I've spoiled myself in making them over the years. I think the main turn off was the pre-chopped peanuts sprinkled on top. I assume that's what was used. I never care for them as they develop a stale muted taste. There wasn't a wow factor to it as well. Using milk and dark chocolate along with freshly chopped roasted peanuts or honey roasted peanuts may make it sing!

Too be fair, I was with a dinner party and everyone else was extremely pleased with their meal. And the other dishes looked great. So it may have been just mine or having a culinary arts degree and having worked in the industry I've become a little too picky.

1  Thank Aaron W
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Ate at Charlotte Lane on the suggestion of folks at the Cooper's Inn and the meal and service was excellent. I hope to be able to enjoy this wonderful spot again in the future!