“Excellent seafood”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This was the best haddock, scallops, & clams we've had on our Nova Scotia trip. A beautiful view from their waterfront deck. Casual, local spot with good service & prices.

2  Thank fbglove

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was one of the worst (and most comical) dining experiences we have ever had. Refrigeration was broken. The beer was warm, the kitchen was out of just about everything. We tried to order drinks. Do you have rum? Captain Morgan. Do you have scotch? No Do you have bourbon? No Do you have vodka? No. Do you have gin? No. What do you have? Captain Morgan and Seagram's Seven. That's it. Never had a shrimp Caesar salad before and it was a little odd. Three in our party tried to order potato salad. "You can't have it said," the waitress. Can we get it if we pay extra? Okay. So it came, potato salad with mixed veggies...that' the way it is made here. Apple Crisp was outstanding though. And the view was to die for. Great place to sit on a hot day.

2  Thank CTNutmeg
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This pub is on the water and has a great view. The servers were friendly and the food looked good. We ate elsewhere.

2  Thank Jim M
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I certainly dont recommend this place! I ate there on Aug 4, 2013. The seafood chowder was passable but the home made biscuits served with it were so tiny you would have to have 4 to make one regular size biscuit. I then asked for the strawberry shortcake and one waitress told me they had no ice cream to put in it so could not serve it. Another one told me they could make it with dream whip instead. So because I was still hungry I asked for the shortcake. Big mistake. Although there were lots of berries ( all mashed and just about liquified) the biscuit was unedible. It was rock hard..talk about day old.... this was weeks old. I could not break it apary at all. If it had not been a lovely evening and great sitting out on the deck... this would have been a total waste of time and money!!

2  Thank sandpiper2013
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The service was fast, the prices reasonable, the view great. We had fish and chips. It was the best fish and chips I had in Nova. Scotia.