“Simple but great” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bistro 138 - CLOSED

Bistro 138
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating
Description: Bistro 138 is heading into its second year with new energy, new menu and new style. Voted by Roger Brooks as a "must see", this airy, bright and cheerful eatery is the pride of the South Coast. Leanne Louise oversees all food and service, with an eye to your satisfaction. This cozy, comfortable and affordable place is perfect for breakfast, lunch or light, early supper.The daily lunch specials are a treat and exotic coffee and espresso concoctions are a guaranteed hit. Monday is Bistro Burger day! Next door, Cindy and Barb have created Gallery 138, where locally made glass and fabric creations are sold.
toronto
“Simple but great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Went for lunch with a friend last week and we both really enjoyed the place. I had the special, a Panini with roast beef and cheese with home made tomato vegetable soup. The portions were a bit on the small side but filling and well worth the price of $7.49! Also had the Rhubarb Slush which was really good too. The ambiance is reminiscent of Starbucks with a lounge area and couches, lots of homemade desserts and free WiFi. Excellent and attentive service. I will be going back. Total with tax and tip $13.25

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank backman_brian

Sutherland
“Fabby”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Asked for recommendation for lunch and Bistro 138 was duly recommended. Great choice, good food well prepared and excellent coffee. Service was excellent we would not hesitate to recommend this bistro for lunch. To add to the experience we met a young man who had worked in Scotland whilst his wife studied at the Dick Vet, good to speak with him.

• Visited September 2012
“Yummy Food!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Mediterranean Panini is the best Panini I have ever had! The Paninis are made very well, They are grilled with olive oil in a Panini Press, Paninis are an Italian Sanwhich made with thin bread not thick break. I have had the Philly it could have some cheddar but a little side of BBQ sauce is good too! The green dressing is AMAZING! Very well done

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Don't miss this Gem if you're looking for great tasting food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We were passing by Shelburne and decided it was time to stop for a bite to eat. I quickly used Trip Advisor and found wonderful reviews for this cafe. We were not disappointed! The food is flavored to perfection and is made with wholesome and fresh ingredients.

We had the beef barley soup (the best), the summer salad (the dressing is unbelievably good and I'm stumped as to what's in it), Egg salad Kaiser (superb), and the Lemon Coconut Squares (oh my gosh - beyond yummy). All this was at a very reasonable price as an added bonus.

The owners/staff made our stop very enjoyable. I'd recommend everyone else treat themselves as well with a visit to the Bistro 138!

Digby, Canada
“delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

So far I have had the potato/leek soup, mushroom soup and the quinoa/vegetable soup. They have all been great. I have had the soft taco--which was huge/filling and yummy. Last night I tried the philly panini and it was good.
My absolute favorite so far has been the 138 panini-- it is the best sandwich that I have ever had. Also, I had a summer salad and the homemade dressing is wonderful!
I love the look and feel of the restaurant. The staff are friendly (they work very long hours), the price of everything is amazing and I certainly have no complaints.
Keep up the good work and anytime I am in Shelburne--this is where I will eat...Good homemade/filling food.
"Digby" Jen