We rented a deluxe room for our 25 anniversary. Our one BIG night. A private deck on a heated pool was advertised as well as DVD player and whirlpool. It had the whirlpool, but not the heated pool or the DVD player. When I tried to put in a movie at 11PM, I realized the 'DVD player' was actually a cable box. The office was closed at that time.
The town of Shelburne had nothing to offer. A trip to the Loyalist Pub for a drink ended by being told there was no pub. A mixed drink was not available at the only other bar open. They only offered shots. At checkout, I mentioned all of the above and got an 'oh well' attitude. I advised they should change their webpage to reflect current offerings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MacKenzie's has been family-owned for decades and offers the best of Nova Scotia's intimate cottages, affordable motel and luxury suites in a park-like, brook-side setting in a great location in the centre of town... something for every taste and budget! Free breakfast and wireless internet is included in all rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Mackenzie's Motel and Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mackenzies Hotel Shelburne
- Mackenzie's Motel And Cottages Shelburne, Nova Scotia