“Great, clean place to stay!”

Mackenzie's Motel and Cottages
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Shelburne
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We has a great stay at Mckenzie cottages! The cottage was really cute and very clean! The cottage also had air conditioning and it was a very hot weekend so it was so comfortable sleeping there. We would stay here again anytime!!
The women at the front desk couldn't have been more helpful and friendly to us. We also enjoyed a swim in the pool which was very nice as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
sandrajim, Front Office Manager at Mackenzie's Motel and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

all our rooms are air conditioned in season, which hopefully provides a comfortable stay and sleep. Our staff is up to date on the best places to eat and any festivities going on in the area

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had booked this motel through booking.com and received confirmation but the motel did not have our reservation. There were vacancies and they were very accommodating. Nice room, clean with limited continental breakfast. Tight bathroom space.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry L
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Clean cottages, refrigerator, micro wave, comfortable bed, heated swimming pool, friendly owner and workers. Free breakfast and WI-FI. What more can I say comfortable place to stay while in this area.

Room Tip: They have larger and smaller cottages, depends on who is traveling with you.
1  Thank Smokedogaz
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Wow....what a fantastic spot. A group of us stayed at MacKenzies cottages the weekend of July 13th, as we attended a concert at the Osprey Arts Centre. (Steven Page, excellent concert BTW).
Anyway, basically a home away from home. Extremely clean and comfortable. Couldn't ask for a better place to lay your head while in Shelburne.

The owners are more then accommodating.

Highly recommended!

1  Thank Bell1313
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Some friends and I were down for a concert at the osprey centre and stayed at the cottages for the night. The cabins were extremely clean and fresh with very nice amenities. The staff was super friendly and helpful. I would stay there again for sure! Also, it was very essy to find. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My Husband and I travelled down to Shelburne to see Friends, We booked our room at Mackenzie's via phone a couple of days prior to our departure. While booking over the phone the lady that I spoke with was Sophia she was friendly and helpful and when I was booked advised me that upon our arrival it would probably be Sandra that would be at the front desk.
When we arrived we went in, lovely lady at the front desk I asked are you Sandra? she said yes I am welcome to MacKenzie's.
We stayed in the Renauld Suite in the Main House - it is a very good size room, King bed with lovely large corner whirlpool tub, TV with plenty of channels, and an in room airconditioner. Our room also had direct access to the outdoor pool via patio Doors - Fully fenced pool so no concern about someone just walking up to your patio door. The Bed was probably one of the most comfortable beds that I have slept on away from home.
The staff/owners are interested in where you have been and in any feedback that you may have not only about their motel, but also about anywhere that you ate or visited in the Area.
Included with a nights stay was continental breakfast, it was from 8-10am, there was a selection of at least 4 different cereals, bread, bagels, english muffins, banana's, milk, 2 different types of juice, coffee, tea, jams, jellies, peanut butter, cream cheese, and muffins, and a sweet bread or 2. you served yourself - the seating area was cozy and surrounded by windows - lovely first thing in the morning.
The Staff are welcoming and accommodating - you feel taken care of but not intruded on.
Everyone else staying in the cottages seemed very happy as well.

We would recommend this motel and we would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shelley L

I am very pleased to see how much you enjoyed your stay with us . Please feel free to call us at anytime so we can accommodate you once again. Next time you will have to take a dip in the 80 degree pool!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed at Mackenzie's Motel and Cottages this pass Saturday and it was wonderful. We stayed in their "honeymoon" upstairs suite, and it was beautiful. It has a fire place, flat screen (new LG) TV, with more satellite channels than we have at home.(and I thought we had a lot..lol), tons of space with a full kitchen, dinning area in kitchen, and a beautiful King bed...VERY comfortable!! And beautiful chairs to sit and watch TV, but who am I kidding I didn't get off the amazing bed while I watched TV..lol. BUT the best part for me was the huge bath room with his and her sinks, separate shower, and beautiful 2 person jacuzzi tub!! This place is very well kept, the owners were amazing..so friendly and helpful!! Thank you Sandra...for everything. Next time I may try a cottage, which look wonderful as well, but our room was so perfect..I may just have to come back to that room. They offer breakfast in the morning, but I'm not a breakfast eater..but I did drink a lot of their coffee..it was great!!!
Thanks again for the perfect night!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
sandrajim, Owner at Mackenzie's Motel and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for your kind words..It is very rewarding as owners to know that our guess are satisfied . We hope you return again to Mackenzie's and we sincerely hope your next stay will be as pleasant as your last one!
Sandra