“Fantastic”

Ranked #1 of 5 Shelburne B&B and Inns
Fredericton, New Brunswick
“Fantastic”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

My wife and I spent 2 wonderful nights at Cooper's Inn. Pat gave us a warm welcome and gave us a tour. It's a beautiful historic home and delightfully decorated. We had the Thomas Crowell room with a bay window overlooking the harbour. A nice touch is the bottle of wine and cookies each day. Also loved the massage chair. The breakfast offered a good menu choice. Great service.
The Inn is centrally located along Dock Street. Try Charlotte's Lane restaurant for dinner. You won't regret it and it's less than 5 minutes away.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Canam778

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Remagen, Germany
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We stayed 4 nights in this exceptional bed&breakfast inn located in a historic building right on Shelburne's waterfront. A quiet and really comfortable place. We received a very warm welcome and were pampered with a delicious breakfast every morning and with cookies and wine every night. We stayed in the John McLean room (see http://www.thecoopersinn.com/rooms.html) which is beautifully decorated and offers a separate entrance and a nice view on the bay. This is a place to relax and to explore the unmatched charm of the town of Shelburne and its surroundings. There is no better place in town. We wil be back!

Room Tip: All rooms are described on the website www.thecoopersinn.com. Make your choice there!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Desdemona007
Kentville, Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I just returned from a night at the Cooper's Inn and before I even unpack I wanted to write a review. If you get a chance to stay in beautiful Shelburne - this is the place to do so. Check in was easy and my room was clean and comfortable. I stayed in the smallest room, but who needs a lot of space when you have what feels like your own private garden at your door. I loved the wine, chocolates and cookies that came with the room. And as everyone else keeps commenting on - the breakfast was superb. I chose the french toast and bacon and the amount of fruit that came with it was amazing. 7 different fruit including asian pear. I will go back and highly recommend the Cooper's Inn. Thanks Paul and Pat Dewar for helping me to "runaway" for the weekend!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Smith room which has rooms above it - my upstairs neighbours didn't seem to unde...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank w_cougar
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We had one of the better rooms, nicely equipped with all sorts of conveniences. Warm greeting, great breakfast with lots of choice (included), lovely bath and showers with good spray and pressure, good heat with no drafts, in-room WIFI, coffee maker, welcome half-bottle of NS wine, biscuits, chocolates. We went off-season and it is great value. (If you want to dine locally, research the opening dates and hours and reserve!) We would go back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Halifax
Reviewed April 9, 2012

My dad and I stayed here last summer and since we're relatively new to Nova Scotia, we often take road trips to explore the province and stay in B&B's and inns along the way. The Coopers Inn has probably been our favourite so far or at least in the top 3! The room was small but perfect for our needs and was very cute and nicely decorated. The treats they left in our room for us was an added bonus. The breakfast was wonderful and the overall service was very good. We can't wait to stay here again and have recommended it many times. Also, if you are staying in Shelburne, be sure to try Charlotte Lane restaurant...pricey, but sooo worth it!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Megan L
Bergen, Alberta
Reviewed March 3, 2012

We had a great time at the Cooper's Inn in Shelburne, Nova Scotia. The rooms have a very personal touch and are spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The best part of all however was breakfast. All fresh ingredients and I have to admit that I never had pancakes with local berries as delicious. We can highly recommend this wonderful and friendly place and we would go back there anytime again.

Room Tip: Ask the hosts to look at the rooms - each room is unique we stayed in the "J Chandly Smith Room...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Halifax NS
Reviewed October 7, 2011

My wife and I spent two nights here in late September 2011. It was our wedding anniversary and when I saw the bottle of wine and cookies in the room I wondered how they knew because I hadn't told them when I made the reservation. Turns out every room gets these so there you go.

Complimentary breakfast for me was fresh yogurt (plain or blueberry), scrambled eggs, bacon and a jug of freshly brewed coffee. I declined the toast, fresh fruit and four warm muffins as I like to eat low-carb. A white table cloth, soft napkins and fresh flowers made us feel special. We were given a bag to put the muffins in so my wife could enjoy them later.

The rooms were scrupulously clean and the beds firm and comfortable. Free wireless internet and a small TV mounted on the wall kept us in contact with the outside world. A well lit bathroom with shower and a large tub to soak in made morning and nightly ablutions a breeze.

Where else to eat? Well you'd better try the Sea-Dog Saloon on Dock Street. Hearty pub food is the order of the day here. We had haddock and clams the first night on the outside patio overlooking the beautiful harbour and a seafood platter on the second night inside at a table with a wonderful couple from the UK we had met at our Inn. Of course there was beer and wine consumed as well. Oh, make sure you engage the owner in conversation. James Bond did nothing compared to him.

Don't even get me started on what a great place Shelburne and the surrounding area is for a place to spend a few days. I'll just mention Sandy Point Light, Baccaro Point, Barrington and Shag Harbour.

Would we do it again? Absolutely yes, again and again and again.

Gary and Joan

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shabaqua
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelburne
Inner Harbor Inn
Roseway River Cottages
Roseway River Cottages
#1 of 5 in Shelburne
Yesteryears  Bed & Breakfast

Been to Cooper's Inn? Share your experiences!