“Great place to stay”

Lingan Bay View Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nova Scotia
Lingan Bay View Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #367 of 448 Nova Scotia B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was the last place we called for two rooms, but it should have been the first. We were warmly welcomed and given our rooms. Both had a private entrance from out doors and private bath. There was a common room available with tv, sofa, table and chairs. The beds were very comfortable and rooms were very neat. In the morning a full breakfast on an exceptional table. It would seat 12 with a lazy susan in the center. A good time had and recommend this highly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank janice_earl

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Lovely couple......clean room.....view was great.....
Beds were clean and comfortable.......one of the best B&B across Canada!

Nice hot breakfast in their incredible dining room.

A must stay!

We were happy to get to know the couple while we were having breakfast....

Room Tip: Always check out the pictures on line Ask to see the room first in case u want to upgrade
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Larry B
Reviewed October 17, 2011

My siblings and I stayed at the Bay View over the weekend as we were in New Waterford for a brief visit with relatives. Our stay at the Bay View was wonderful. Brenda and Ainslee (excuse spelling) were great hosts; they made us feel very welcome and the full breakfasts were very tasty. We had the family room which is very big and spotless, and has a large private bathroom with lots of towels, etc. Everyone was great from the little housecoats for kids in the closet to the comfortable beds and the great view of Lingan Bay/Dominion Beach.
Very convenient to New Waterford, Sydney and surrounding areas for those who like to go further a field. We actually ran into some former neighbours of our deceased parents who were staying there as well, and we had a great chat with them, catching up, sharing memories, etc. Cape Breton hospitality abounded!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Shannon M
Reviewed September 2, 2010

This is one of the nicest B&B's we've experienced in our six-week cross-Canada trip. The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated with a separate entrance that is very convenient and adjacent to parking. There is a whole separate lounge and kitchenette for guests and we had access to laundry facilities. The rooms and also the level where breakfast is served look out on an incredible view of Lingan Bay and then the Atlantic. Breakfast was delicious and ample plus it was served at a beautiful large oak table made by the host. I disagree with the review thst complained about this because the dining room is beautiful and eating with other guests is customary in B&B's. Host and hostess were friendly, charming and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank CarolinaBecky
Reviewed August 2, 2009

We travelled from our home in Australia to Canada in July 2009, primarily for a wedding in Lingan/New Waterford. We researched places to stay online and chose Lingan Bay View Bed and Breakfast mainly for the convenience of the location. We generally don't stay at B&B's when we are travelling because we have two small children and we’re concerned they’ll break an antique or annoy other guests! However, we felt welcome, comfortable and relaxed for the entire time we were at this B&B. The house is modern, spotless and spacious. It is positioned with a great view of the water and Dominion beach – we thought the view is as good as any we’ve seen around the Cabot Trail. Walking out of our room through the private entrance there is a large open space and a path that leads down through the trees to the water (5 minutes away). We were lucky enough to see some lobster boats come in when we wandered down there. We stayed in a room with an ensuite that also had bath robes and heaps of towels. We had our own phone and free wireless internet access. The hosts/owners were friendly, accommodating and genuine Cape Bretoners! They went out of their way to help us with our 6 month old and 4 year old, which allowed us to relax and enjoy our visit. Only after our visit did we appreciate how unobtrusive their kindness was – we only ever saw them when we needed them! We wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Lingan Bay View B&B to stay if you are travelling to this part of Nova Scotia. Our stay there was a highlight of our trip.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank aLongLongWayFromHome
Reviewed July 12, 2009

I loved that I could open the windows and smell the sea breeze coming in, and I felt safe, I think I even heard the call of a nearby loon. The B&B is very quiet and the washroom was very roomy. I was able to park my vehicle conveniently and close to my private entrance. There is a very large round table that I found very easy to meet others as we sat facing each other which made conversation very easy. Breakfast which consisted of a devine omelet with plenty of toasts, a bottomless cup of fresh brewed coffee and fruit. I definitely would tell others about this resting place. It is situated overlooking a small fishing village where ducks, eagles and red winged black birds make their homes and on a walk to the wharves I saw what locals informed me was a rare White Egret. There were several herons and from the wharves I could see several fox playing on the other side of the narrow channel. I found many wild strawberries on the property and the owners tell me to come back during blueberry picking season. I am thinking about it.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank newfielady
Reviewed August 8, 2008

Lingan Bay View is a large, modern, clean, quiet, and friendly B&B. Relatives of ours had stayed there before and highly recommended it to us. There is plenty of parking there, a great view and lots to do in the area. The room in which we stayed had a private entrance, lots of room and an attached three-piece bath which was squeaky clean and loaded with towels. We would return without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Dunrobin38