“Lovely view, good food”

Cicero's On The Water
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Next door to Sunset Marine, on the old #7 Highway.
NJ
“Lovely view, good food”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We enjoyed our meal at Cicero's. It has a lovely view and the food is quite good. We had the chicken parmesan and one of us had a seafood special. The portions were large enough to fill us and everything was very tasty. Our service was good and as it was a rainy Tuesday night in mid-June, it was not crowded. We were staying at a B&B about 15 minutes away and this restaurant was recommended to us by our proprietor. They have a good selection of draft beers, bottled beers, and wine and the menu has something for everyone. By the way, it can easy to pass... you make a sharp turn onto Post Office Road and it is right there on your left… it almost seems like you could pass it if you don't look to your left right away!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank NjoyTravelingNj

Nova Scotia
“Great Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Never heard of this restaurant before until a friend asked me to join a bunch of ladies for a "womens night out dinner" . Dragged my sister along. We only live about 20 minutes from this restaurant but tend to go to the city when thinking of food. The restaurant overlooks Porters Lake and they have a dock for boats to dock at if they so choose. We were seated in a private room (holds 10-12 people) which was so nice especially when you have 10 chatty ladies. The staff were excellent - owner and chef all came in to see how things were going and they were so friendly. The food was wonderful. I had Chichen Stuffed Supreme - YUMMY. My sister and another lady split both the Chicken and seafood crepes. They kept moaning over the taste - SO GOOD ( I did have a taste) . 2 ladies had pizza and LOVED IT. Never heard one complaint. The deserts were wonderful also. I had banana crepes, some ladies had cheesecake (another moaning moment for my sister). Apparently there will be a mothers day brunch which I have encouraged my husband and kids to take me to.

• Visited April 2014
Halifax
“Big City Taste from Small Town Restaurant”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My wife and I ate here on Saturday evening, 5 April 2014. This was our fourth time in the past two years.
The restaurant has recently undergone a small expansion, increasing the size of it's kitchen as well as a small increase to the dining area. The atmosphere, decor, and location (on the shores of Porter's Lake) provide the perfect setting for a really nice evening. The chef and serving staff fulfill the rest of the requirements, with flying colours.
The meal started off with fresh, homemade focaccia accompanied by olive oil and balsalmic vinegar for dipping. We ordered the calamari and mussels for appetizers, which were both fresh and cooked to perfection and served in separate tomato-based sauces. Different and yummy!
Our main dishes were the baked salmon special along with seafood pasta. My wife has a dairy allergy and gluten sensitivity, which the chef superbly accommodated by substituting the cream-based sauce for a tomato-based instead, and gluten-free noodles for the pasta. Everything was outstanding.
We will definitely be back, hopefully to try a meal out on the huge deck when the weather is warmer. Beautiful view!

• Visited April 2014
Dartmouth, Canada
“Jane's Birthday Dinner at Cicero's”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

From the moment we arrived, the little restaurant that could, delivered the goods....a fine glass of house red......Birthday Girl had Haddock with a BBQ & Balsamic (now there's an unlikely combination) Glaze....I had the Seafood Fettuccine Spagettini....Chef Deirdre Covey worked magic with both entrees....The Calamari (where I come from, it's SQUID) was ever so lightly battered that it was a party in my mouth...The subcontracted bread with an oil and balsamic pushthrough was in danger of becoming the entire meal...The Cheesecake was another party in the mouth.....I highly recommend this little hidden gem....Can't wait til the summer when we can just pull up via boat to the dock and have some lighter summer fare..Sharon and the girls will take great care of you......and a round of applause for the chef would not be untoward........

• Visited January 2014
“Delicious food and great service!!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Me and my friend went for dinner I had the stuffed chicken supreme it was so good the chicken was so moist stuffed with ricotta pistachio dried cranberry's so yummy the vegetables were pretty tasty too. It was my first time at Cicero's but my friend had been here many times and loves it! She went with the maple curry penne that she raves about this was the third time she had ordered this dish. For desert we split the flourless tripple choclate cake which we thought was pretty good.
I wouldn't recommend going here if your just looking for a quick dinner, it takes time for chef to make that delicious food but leaves you with lots of time to chat, we came a little after 630 and were out at 830 but we also had tea and cake and chatted some after dinner.
I would defentley recommend this restaurant, they have something on there menu for everyone even gluten free options!

• Visited August 2013